The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Covered car trailer "needs" vs wants.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
I bought a 1997 enclosed trailer ~6 months ago and have been happy with it. It's 8.5' x 24'. I would absolutely not go anything less than that for our cars.

I lost track of if this is an enclosed vs open thread,
or what do you look for in an enclosed trailer thread….

One thing you must consider is where you will be storing the trailer, and what will be in the trailer when you store it. You need to invest in proper locks for all doors, a tracker and wheel locks. All of that will run you ~$600.

Winch is a must imo, you need something that can get a broken down car into the trailer. All our cars have tow hooks anyways... Also, the feeling of winching the car into/out of the trailer is one of the better feelings of the track day......maybe that is just me?

I am young and not overweight, so I have no issues getting around the trailer to put the wheel straps on. Tracks which are far away, I get to the track the night before, pull the car out, set up the mattress and I've got a nice little space. A heater is a must depending on when you are at the track. I get an extra 2-4 hours of sleep depending on which track it is; that has done great things for my lap times and overall focus.

A big one, depending on your truck is a WEIGHT DISTRIBUTING, ANTI SWAY hitch. Nobody talks about these. When the winds pick up, enclosed trailers can be not fun. I have towed mine with an older gas F250, as well as a brand new F150. The F250 lacked power, but stability wise was great. The F150 has more than enough power, but in high winds the stability leaves a little to be desired. That's WITH an anti sway hitch. I can't imagine what it would be like without one.
If you want to kill the sway a ProPride hitch is the real deal. You need an open A-Frame at the front of the trailer. Might be some other way to make it work on a V-Nose trailer thats cover the frame rails, not sure. Absolutely the best customer service you will ever come across. I have a 2018 F150 SuperCrew 4x4 3.5L EcoBoost 6.5ft box w/Max Tow. I pull a 30ft 9000 lb RV trailer and there is no sway, ever. I've put around 12,000 miles on pulling in winds, crosswinds, mountains, flatlands, cold, hot, semis don't bother me. The hitch is FAR from cheap but our trucks, trailers and cars are a big investment. Also, I'm not that RV holding up 20 cars, I'm going to pass you if your not moving along.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
I bought a 1997 enclosed trailer ~6 months ago and have been happy with it. It's 8.5' x 24'. I would absolutely not go anything less than that for our cars.

I lost track of if this is an enclosed vs open thread,
or what do you look for in an enclosed trailer thread….

One thing you must consider is where you will be storing the trailer, and what will be in the trailer when you store it. You need to invest in proper locks for all doors, a tracker and wheel locks. All of that will run you ~$600.

Winch is a must imo, you need something that can get a broken down car into the trailer. All our cars have tow hooks anyways... Also, the feeling of winching the car into/out of the trailer is one of the better feelings of the track day......maybe that is just me?

I am young and not overweight, so I have no issues getting around the trailer to put the wheel straps on. Tracks which are far away, I get to the track the night before, pull the car out, set up the mattress and I've got a nice little space. A heater is a must depending on when you are at the track. I get an extra 2-4 hours of sleep depending on which track it is; that has done great things for my lap times and overall focus.

A big one, depending on your truck is a WEIGHT DISTRIBUTING, ANTI SWAY hitch. Nobody talks about these. When the winds pick up, enclosed trailers can be not fun. I have towed mine with an older gas F250, as well as a brand new F150. The F250 lacked power, but stability wise was great. The F150 has more than enough power, but in high winds the stability leaves a little to be desired. That's WITH an anti sway hitch. I can't imagine what it would be like without one.

First let's address the elephant in the room. I may not be old, but Im not young anymore; but getting all the way down on the ground and scooting around is a PITA! :) Just you wait you whippersnapper! Car is lowered a little, but welding hooks like @Fabman says seems like and easy enhancement regardless. I agree on the sleeping a couple extra at the track, multi-day weekend showers are amazing. Perfect world is tracks that allow camping and has showers.

We were house shopping this past weekend and it's not looking good for getting a house where I can store at home. So locks and possibly just getting an open for the next 3 years that can stay in the garage may be my short term route (Can't always get what you want...)

If you want to kill the sway a ProPride hitch is the real deal. You need an open A-Frame at the front of the trailer. Might be some other way to make it work on a V-Nose trailer thats cover the frame rails, not sure. Absolutely the best customer service you will ever come across. I have a 2018 F150 SuperCrew 4x4 3.5L EcoBoost 6.5ft box w/Max Tow. I pull a 30ft 9000 lb RV trailer and there is no sway, ever. I've put around 12,000 miles on pulling in winds, crosswinds, mountains, flatlands, cold, hot, semis don't bother me. The hitch is FAR from cheap but our trucks, trailers and cars are a big investment. Also, I'm not that RV holding up 20 cars, I'm going to pass you if your not moving along.

Completely agree with yall on weight distribution. My camper is a 30ft rig so HAD to get one when I purchased. Found an equil-i-zer used years ago and grabbed it. The customer service has been great and having is a must use on trailers of any size weight. Makes towing more stable, so less stress and safer.

Interesting thoughts on the emergency door vs not. I did join a couple FB race trailers for sale pages, prices are much better in designated groups vs general marketplace.

CA
Great info, thank you! But 3$k holy moly!!! But I definitely see your point. How much setup time does the hitch when hooking up?

BTW how many mpg do you get towing? And typically and at what speeds do you tow at? My f150 is the 3.5l hybrid and the power + comfort has been a dream but the MPG is a real sore point.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Great info, thank you! But 3$k holy moly!!! But I definitely see your point. How much setup time does the hitch when hooking up?

BTW how many mpg do you get towing? And typically and at what speeds do you tow at? My f150 is the 3.5l hybrid and the power + comfort has been a dream but the MPG is a real sore point.

I want to hear about this f150 hybrid....I didn't know that existed?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota

Last trip was 4000 miles, averaged 7.99 mpg, spreadsheet calculation, not looking at truck display. Some of the mileage was without trailer. I knew going in that gas mileage wouldn't be that great but the cost of a 1ton diesel truck, the higher servicing costs and the complexity of the diesels. I am a life long truck mechanic, worked on many Cats, Cummins Detroit's, etc. so well acquainted with them. I switched all my 1 tons to gas engines, cheaper to operate and more reliable, downtime was a big factor. My only wish is that Ford would offer the 3.5L EcoBoost in a 3/4 ton. You can get it in the 3/4 & 1 ton vans so it is capable. I mainly wanted it for its pulling power as I like going to the mountains and it handles mountain passes very easily. The only downside is fuel economy. Diesels also have the advantage going downhill if they have an exhaust brake. I use engine braking and keeping the speed down, you don't want problems going down those passes. In fact I've tossed around the idea of putting brake ducts on my truck and trailer.
I run 65-68 on Interstates unless traffic is heavy, then I'll usually run with the traffic, I will run as fast as 75 mph if conditions are really good. On two lane roads I'll run just over the speed limit and always watching my six to let faster traffic by. I also have no qualms about passing people that are putt-putting on a Sunday drive. I was shocked how easily I can pass with this rig. I run Goodyear Endurance tires on the trailer, rated for 80 mph. Also a TPMS on the trailer.
The hitch is extremely easy to hook up as I have a tailgate camera. We had lots of bumper pull trailers in our fleet and I find this hitch easier to hook up then a ball hitch. The only minor issue I had was unhooking. The stinger that slides into the hitch can wedge in pretty tight. I use an old mechanics solution, 3lb hammer, just a little love tap at the top side of the taper to pop it loose. You have to pull a RV or Box trailer with this hitch, no sway, ever. I've driven lots of big stuff, tractor trailers, tandem plow trucks sporting 3 plows, Greyhound coaches, school bus, 5 axle concrete pumpers. However this was as a mechanic, test drives, deliveries, maybe 200 miles on a delivery. I picked up my RV trailer 1500 miles from home, thru the hitch on in the dealers lot. I'm 53 feet long now. Time to head home, St George Utah to Minneapolis, MN. First leg is over the mountains from St George Utah to Flagstaff, AZ. I-40 east to Tucumcari, NM, 54 to somewhere in Kansas to catch I-35 to home. The whole damn way gusty crosswinds 30-40 mph winds. We travelled a lot as a kid, especially out west. 67 Ford F250 with an 8 foot slide in camper that had the bunk over the cab roof. So I had some experience already with crosswind effects. I was 12-15 at the time. My dad was a life long truck driver, over 4 million miles without an accident, good mentor, Thanks Dad. Anyway I was a bit nervous on my first trip with this new combination of mine. I had several surprises on the way home. I was very aware to watch underpasses, cuts thru hills/mountains, semis, etc. All the things that can cause sudden onset sway events. Nothing, the wind gusts slams the side of your trailer and it just pushes you over a bit but no sway, not even a hint. I was following a utility trailer and later a RV trailer, when they came out from under the bridges their trailers started dancing around, the would get on the brakes, slow way down to get it under control and then start picking the speed up. So, I'm seeing this in front of me and I clench up waiting for the hit and, nothing. OK lets get away from these guys. So I'm happy with my hitch. Its a heavy chunk of steel but it works. Someone figured out a better way to do it instead of using friction to try and control sway they figured out how to prevent it, proactive vs reactive.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
8MPG...that stings. I thought I was hurting in my F250. I pulled the new 38' (13Klbs loaded) a few weeks ago...kept it at 70MPH on flats and reduced to 65MPH on large hills...averaged over 11MPG. It was better than towing my old 24' (9Klbs loaded) by almost 2MPG towed at 75MPH.

CA
Last trip was 4000 miles, averaged 7.99 mpg, spreadsheet calculation, not looking at truck display. Some of the mileage was without trailer. I knew going in that gas mileage wouldn't be that great but the cost of a 1ton diesel truck, the higher servicing costs and the complexity of the diesels. I am a life long truck mechanic, worked on many Cats, Cummins Detroit's, etc. so well acquainted with them. I switched all my 1 tons to gas engines, cheaper to operate and more reliable, downtime was a big factor. My only wish is that Ford would offer the 3.5L EcoBoost in a 3/4 ton. You can get it in the 3/4 & 1 ton vans so it is capable. I mainly wanted it for its pulling power as I like going to the mountains and it handles mountain passes very easily. The only downside is fuel economy. Diesels also have the advantage going downhill if they have an exhaust brake. I use engine braking and keeping the speed down, you don't want problems going down those passes. In fact I've tossed around the idea of putting brake ducts on my truck and trailer.
I run 65-68 on Interstates unless traffic is heavy, then I'll usually run with the traffic, I will run as fast as 75 mph if conditions are really good. On two lane roads I'll run just over the speed limit and always watching my six to let faster traffic by. I also have no qualms about passing people that are putt-putting on a Sunday drive. I was shocked how easily I can pass with this rig. I run Goodyear Endurance tires on the trailer, rated for 80 mph. Also a TPMS on the trailer.
The hitch is extremely easy to hook up as I have a tailgate camera. We had lots of bumper pull trailers in our fleet and I find this hitch easier to hook up then a ball hitch. The only minor issue I had was unhooking. The stinger that slides into the hitch can wedge in pretty tight. I use an old mechanics solution, 3lb hammer, just a little love tap at the top side of the taper to pop it loose. You have to pull a RV or Box trailer with this hitch, no sway, ever. I've driven lots of big stuff, tractor trailers, tandem plow trucks sporting 3 plows, Greyhound coaches, school bus, 5 axle concrete pumpers. However this was as a mechanic, test drives, deliveries, maybe 200 miles on a delivery. I picked up my RV trailer 1500 miles from home, thru the hitch on in the dealers lot. I'm 53 feet long now. Time to head home, St George Utah to Minneapolis, MN. First leg is over the mountains from St George Utah to Flagstaff, AZ. I-40 east to Tucumcari, NM, 54 to somewhere in Kansas to catch I-35 to home. The whole damn way gusty crosswinds 30-40 mph winds. We travelled a lot as a kid, especially out west. 67 Ford F250 with an 8 foot slide in camper that had the bunk over the cab roof. So I had some experience already with crosswind effects. I was 12-15 at the time. My dad was a life long truck driver, over 4 million miles without an accident, good mentor, Thanks Dad. Anyway I was a bit nervous on my first trip with this new combination of mine. I had several surprises on the way home. I was very aware to watch underpasses, cuts thru hills/mountains, semis, etc. All the things that can cause sudden onset sway events. Nothing, the wind gusts slams the side of your trailer and it just pushes you over a bit but no sway, not even a hint. I was following a utility trailer and later a RV trailer, when they came out from under the bridges their trailers started dancing around, the would get on the brakes, slow way down to get it under control and then start picking the speed up. So, I'm seeing this in front of me and I clench up waiting for the hit and, nothing. OK lets get away from these guys. So I'm happy with my hitch. Its a heavy chunk of steel but it works. Someone figured out a better way to do it instead of using friction to try and control sway they figured out how to prevent it, proactive vs reactive.
Fun read, thanks for sharing. We seem to be getting similar MPG. In your experience, is the dash mpg readout usually high or low? My best has been 11.6mpg towing 55mph with no wind. Worst I ever got was 7.8mpg, that was towing 65mph w/wind. My average has been ~8.8mpg towing. I get a little bit of sway on windy days when passing/getting passed by big rigs. I'm by no means fighting the wheel and white knuckle driving, but when it's windy, you definitely feel the trailer back there. Which is pretty annoying when you are already tired from a track day.

I was contemplating the 7.3L gas f-250, but all the lifter failures scared me away from it... trucks are something that should last forever imo, and from everything I've read the 3.5L is a total tank. From what I read the Chevy 6.6L gas was no good due to excessive oil consumption, and the dodge 6.4L was underpowered.

This is the hitch I run: https://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Distribution-Hitch/Reese/RE44FR.html

On your diesel trucks, did you have downtime even when they were new? In the future, I am contemplating a 6.7L F-250, and just selling it before it goes out of warranty given what I have heard w/the emissions fiascos. I used to work on marine diesels, always was impressed by them. But they didn't have the emissions fun. I digress. LOL.

I want to hear about this f150 hybrid....I didn't know that existed?
It sure does! It's a beast, I think it is actually faster than the raptor in the 1/4 mile. Was the fastest F-150 in existence until the Raptor-R came out I believe. If you get the 7.2kw onboard power, you can use the trucks hybrid battery as a generator to power tools, ac units, fridge for your trailer, winch, etc. When the battery runs out, the truck will automatically kick on the engine to re-charge the battery. I believe it is rated at 23mpg combined. I have been getting 19-21mpg every tank. Other than towing mpg I have been very happy with it so far. Rides smoother than almost anything I have driven.IMG_1327 (1).jpg

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Selling Ford and Ram trucks forever ( well till I retired ) I can say with conviction that the mileage with a 3.5 Turbo Ford or a 5.7 Ram is very similar under towing. If you are yanking around a 24 or 26 ft. breadbox you will likely get anywhere from 6-11 mpg depending on the wind. Diesels seem to get 2-3 mpg better but at .50 to $1.00 more does it really work out. I have pulled 24 foot and a 26 foot enclosed trailer ( steel not aluminum ) to the East Coast 4 times, New Orleans, Utah, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, Kansas, Missouri, and more so many times I have no fear a 5.7 Ram will do it. With friends doing the same with a Ford F-150 3.5 we joke about the mileage estimates. If it is windy they stink beyond imagination, but if they are non existent or to the rear things are quite reasonable. I had 3 Diesels in the past ( all Cummins ) and they definitely got better , but the ride and cost of fuel had me switch years ago. Most of our trucks are daily drivers so creature comforts and ease of use holds sway in my book. When I chat with folks who only go to the track 2-4 times a year a half ton makes the most sense by far.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Selling Ford and Ram trucks forever ( well till I retired ) I can say with conviction that the mileage with a 3.5 Turbo Ford or a 5.7 Ram is very similar under towing. If you are yanking around a 24 or 26 ft. breadbox you will likely get anywhere from 6-11 mpg depending on the wind. Diesels seem to get 2-3 mpg better but at .50 to $1.00 more does it really work out. I have pulled 24 foot and a 26 foot enclosed trailer ( steel not aluminum ) to the East Coast 4 times, New Orleans, Utah, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, Kansas, Missouri, and more so many times I have no fear a 5.7 Ram will do it. With friends doing the same with a Ford F-150 3.5 we joke about the mileage estimates. If it is windy they stink beyond imagination, but if they are non existent or to the rear things are quite reasonable. I had 3 Diesels in the past ( all Cummins ) and they definitely got better , but the ride and cost of fuel had me switch years ago. Most of our trucks are daily drivers so creature comforts and ease of use holds sway in my book. When I chat with folks who only go to the track 2-4 times a year a half ton makes the most sense by far.
Yeah, 7-9 mpg towing 24' TPD in the 3.5L ecoboost Tremor. :mad:
I only get 12 mpg not towing sooo....

IMG_1833 - Copy.jpg

CA
This is the question to ask imo, what % will the truck be used for towing. The 2500's are really awful to drive everyday. Whereas the the 1500's are so comfy and smooth now. It blew me away because the only trucks I knew where late 90's F-250's, and those genuinely felt like dump trucks to me. I've heard they are better now but still not as good as 1500's.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
F250 is pretty nice, so is a Ram 2500, GMC 3/4 ton, etc., but go drive a 1/2 ton and they are all Lincoln Continental smooth and will handle like a car a decade ago. Wrong place to post this, but I worked for a Dealer family where all the Manufacturers of trucks were available, except Toyota, and the easiest driving in my estimation is a Ram 1500 --- there really is a reason the Ram is the only truck to win " Truck of the Year " three years in a row.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Fun read, thanks for sharing. We seem to be getting similar MPG. In your experience, is the dash mpg readout usually high or low? My best has been 11.6mpg towing 55mph with no wind. Worst I ever got was 7.8mpg, that was towing 65mph w/wind. My average has been ~8.8mpg towing. I get a little bit of sway on windy days when passing/getting passed by big rigs. I'm by no means fighting the wheel and white knuckle driving, but when it's windy, you definitely feel the trailer back there. Which is pretty annoying when you are already tired from a track day.

I was contemplating the 7.3L gas f-250, but all the lifter failures scared me away from it... trucks are something that should last forever imo, and from everything I've read the 3.5L is a total tank. From what I read the Chevy 6.6L gas was no good due to excessive oil consumption, and the dodge 6.4L was underpowered.

This is the hitch I run: https://www.etrailer.com/Weight-Distribution-Hitch/Reese/RE44FR.html

On your diesel trucks, did you have downtime even when they were new? In the future, I am contemplating a 6.7L F-250, and just selling it before it goes out of warranty given what I have heard w/the emissions fiascos. I used to work on marine diesels, always was impressed by them. But they didn't have the emissions fun. I digress. LOL.

It sure does! It's a beast, I think it is actually faster than the raptor in the 1/4 mile. Was the fastest F-150 in existence until the Raptor-R came out I believe. If you get the 7.2kw onboard power, you can use the trucks hybrid battery as a generator to power tools, ac units, fridge for your trailer, winch, etc. When the battery runs out, the truck will automatically kick on the engine to re-charge the battery. I believe it is rated at 23mpg combined. I have been getting 19-21mpg every tank. Other than towing mpg I have been very happy with it so far. Rides smoother than almost anything I have driven.View attachment 87417
The Chev/GMC diesels were giving us trouble with false codes for contaminated DEF. Truck goes into limp mode and time for the hook. Dealer cleans tank out, fills it with DEF and bills us for contaminated DEF, no warranty. Two weeks later same problem, truck is in another location, my fleet covered state of Minnesota. Hooked into another dealer, same story, no warranty, call Chevrolet, little help. Have dealer get the regional service rep on the phone, the DEF is from the last repair, somebody must of poured water in it. Third time, get rep on the phone, well GM has had some trouble with the DEF sensors. Put in new sensor, problem solved, now refund the past bills, that took about 3 months. Another Chevy kept throwing codes indicating problems with the emission after treatment system. Vehicle was out of warranty, Chevy thru everything that had at it, tech support cases with the Detroit boys, we ended up scrapping it for parts. P.S. I worked for GMC Truck and Coach Division for 9 years, had to lean on old connections for help.

Fords, were do you start, 6.0L, head gaskets, fuel pumps, EGR coolers, 6.4L head gaskets and fuel pump failures contaminating whole fuel systems. 6.7L early ones were eating belt tensioners left and right not easy to repair, had to argue with Ford to even get them replaced. Ford was a stickler for photos of failed fuel pumps, almost always blaming water contaminated fuel. Oh, see this tiny little rust stain here in the pump, that's why it destroyed itself and the rest of the fuel system.

Dodges seemed to like to destroy the high pressure fuel pump which will contaminate the whole system with metal particles, the rest of the truck was where we had problems and Chrysler was the worst for warranty repairs.

So one of the constant themes seemed to be fuel systems. We get fuel all over the state, retail and our own tanks. One would say there must be a lot of crappy fuel out there. However our fleet also sports over 1000 Class 7 & 8 trucks, lots of heavy equipment, all diesel powered yet no where near the problems with fuel systems using the same fuel supplies.
So goes the fleet manager life.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
My last fill up on my F-250 diesel yielded 19.1 MPG. Mostly highway miles. If I pull my 28’ trailer at 65 MPH I get 12-13 MPG. If I set the cruise at 80 it drops to 10-11. Yes, a tail wind is great to have.
My f-150 with a 3.5 was a joke. 24’ steel trailer and a head wind killed mileage. The truck could not stay in high gear. One tank full calculated at 4.8 MPG With an empty trailer. Was I pushing the truck to see what it could do with my new trailer, yep, it failed. I Never saw the mileage Ford promised. Last gas engine truck for me.
One thing Ford could have improved on with the F-250 SD is the size of the fuel tank. At 26 gallons on my 2016 I found myself stopping too often and having too few choices for reasonably priced fuel. I up graded to a 50 gal tank. I believe I bought the tank through Titan tanks, with a discount for NASA membership.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
This is the question to ask imo, what % will the truck be used for towing. The 2500's are really awful to drive everyday. Whereas the the 1500's are so comfy and smooth now. It blew me away because the only trucks I knew where late 90's F-250's, and those genuinely felt like dump trucks to me. I've heard they are better now but still not as good as 1500's.

Funny, when we decided to get a bigger camper for towing, I still had a WRX, so the truck was for camping, forest runs and yard work. So I found a smoking deal on a Dodge 3500. Eventually sold the WRX, my wife took the Audi and I WFH, so my DD is the 3500 or the Mustang, but Im so used to it being "rougher", it doesn't bother me. Then I ride in my brother's Chevy or my buddy's Ford, aarrgghhhh! such a difference. I did add air ride to the rear and it helped both towing and unloaded.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Colorado Springs
Yeah, 7-9 mpg towing 24' TPD in the 3.5L ecoboost Tremor. :mad:
I only get 12 mpg not towing sooo....

View attachment 87418

Do you have a picture looking into the trailer from the rear unloaded? I have been looking and very few of the ones I see have ramp over for the trailer's wheels. Even "race trailers".

Im also new to this search, and it's hard to tell which ones are quality, mid grade and just garbage brands of trailers.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Do you have a picture looking into the trailer from the rear unloaded? I have been looking and very few of the ones I see have ramp over for the trailer's wheels. Even "race trailers".

Im also new to this search, and it's hard to tell which ones are quality, mid grade and just garbage brands of trailers.
Not sure if this helps you or not….what exactly did you want to see?
TPD trailers are top notch. I’ll see if I can dig up some better pics.

IMG_3322.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors