The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 JULIE Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
do what kevin did. E track on the wall about 5ft and then run 2 load bars across. Really smart idea id homestly be scared to hang a tire rack from the wall unless u do like sal did and make a frame to the floor
Like this but obviously up front between man door and escape door & up high enough to clear ceiling and car. @Vettel-ish, if you go with the load bars, let me know. I have an available set.

IMG_1704.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Picking up Julie tomorrow from Middleton motorsports. They have been talking good care of her.

Diff all put back together with new T2R diff installed. Diff cooler also installed.
They fixed the front bumper clips...its a mustang thing as you all know.
Fuel cell bladder is ordered and will go in spring. Nasa will require it.

Next is window nets. Those are at the house just need to install them.

Pics coming soon.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Trailer also made it home. It is SOOOOO smooth on the road. Wow ATC trailers are nice.

Need a fuel jug solution now. I take 4 of the VP racing fuel jugs normally.

Trailer needs a bath and a coating. That will all happen in spring.

PXL_20231207_212137144.jpg

PXL_20231207_212755250.jpg

PXL_20231207_212747115.jpg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Yep, ATC has the stuff together

I put L Track along the walls at the floor. This allows me a place to tie down fuel bottles or anything else. I thought about putting in a two or four jug metal jug holder but did not the idea of being committed to the location for the jugs. Now I can put the jugs in and synch them down or put them in the truck and tie down something else in the location.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Yep, ATC has the stuff together

I put L Track along the walls at the floor. This allows me a place to tie down fuel bottles or anything else. I thought about putting in a two or four jug metal jug holder but did not the idea of being committed to the location for the jugs. Now I can put the jugs in and synch them down or put them in the truck and tie down something else in the location.

Got any pictures. Super nervous drilling into those beautiful walls.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I’ll get you some pics. Yea, get a collar/stop for your drill bit. Dont ask why :banghead:
I used the extra wide, T shaped riv nuts 1/4” and they hold very well. For the floor I used the recessed track and cut a groove with a router and put aluminum angle under the floor. Locating the wall studs is easy once you remove the trim between the ceiling and walls. Just measure from the internal metal sheet seam to the center of the stud and mark same below. Standard rivnuts will NOT do the job.

1702221341160.png

Last edited:
Got any pictures. Super nervous drilling into those beautiful walls.
Dont be. I put a 5ft section on e_track on the back and front to hold my race ramps.

wash and coat it sooner than later. My black exterior panels staind from being outside when my guy detailed and waxed it.

i use stainless steel tapping fine thread screws and got studs every 16’’

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
I’ll get you some pics. Yea, get a collar/stop for your drill bit. Dont ask why :banghead:
I used the extra wide, T shaped riv nuts 1/4” and they hold very well. For the floor I used the recessed track and cut a groove with a router and put aluminum angle under the floor. Locating the wall studs is easy once you remove the trim between the ceiling and walls. Just measure from the internal metal sheet seam to the center of the stud and mark same below. Standard rivnuts will NOT do the job.

View attachment 91693
Need to see these in action to understand how they work.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
I park my ATC here at home year round. It’s very accessible for tour & pictures if you make it over. That’s an invite, so anytime and that includes Tony if he sees this, lol

Feel the need to get the car into the trailer and then figure out how much room I really have and where to mount stuff.

We are closed at work for 10 days over Christmas. If we get a nice day I will wash and coat the trailer. Using this kit.

Also need to go winch shopping for it. Lots of Christmas presents to myself this year! lol

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Feel the need to get the car into the trailer and then figure out how much room I really have and where to mount stuff.

We are closed at work for 10 days over Christmas. If we get a nice day I will wash and coat the trailer. Using this kit.

Also need to go winch shopping for it. Lots of Christmas presents to myself this year! lol
We went with BullDog winch. Plenty of power plus rated for pulling up an incline.
Set up for tow point off center on the car at 13” to the right and in front of second cabinet door.

IMG_1291.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
We went with BullDog winch. Plenty of power plus rated for pulling up an incline.
Set up for tow point off center on the car at 13” to the right and in front of second cabinet door.

View attachment 91721
Did you pull up the floor to find the plate? I need to crawl under the trailer and look at how big that plate it.

TMO Supporting Vendors