The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Just a quick sound clip of a 1966 G.T. 350 at last weekend's SVRA Pro-Am

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFW, TX
My former racecar, a 65 Fastback, didn't have quite that much snarl. But it was close. I got tired of people telling me how quiet it was. So, 3" side exit exhaust with only an x-pipe and inline resonators to take the edge off went on. 7000rpm+ in top gear at Road America made a glorious noise.

I learned to never forget my ear plugs.

I wonder if that is a Cobra Automotive car. They run Jerico innards in toploader cases. It's essentially a five speed without first gear. They would use first gear to go through chicanes...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ny
I think curt Vogt could not make out the # on door. he sold his blue boss and is running chuck Bentley's 65 gt350. very fast car

ny
oh by the way the toploaders were to expensive to produce they went to full blown jericos. 4 speeds

I think curt Vogt could not make out the # on door. he sold his blue boss and is running chuck Bentley's 65 gt350. very fast car

That's exactly who it is. That's Curt driving in this clip as well, just a few laps before he handed off the Shelby to Max Papis to finish the race. They finished second to a topless 2nd-gen Corvette big block car. They would have won, but for a VERY gutsy pass by the Corvette going into the first turn with only a few laps to go. It was a really close race, and fun to watch. (Incidentally, both of those cars were right on the tail of the leading 3rd gen Corvette towards the end, who was doing everything he could to stay out in front of them. He finally made a mistake and spun going into the series of turns before the main straight, and Max and the 2nd gen Corvette got by him.)

DFW, TX
That's exactly who it is. That's Curt driving in this clip as well, just a few laps before he handed off the Shelby to Max Papis to finish the race. They finished second to a topless 2nd-gen Corvette big block car. They would have won, but for a VERY gutsy pass by the Corvette going into the first turn with only a few laps to go. It was a really close race, and fun to watch. (Incidentally, both of those cars were right on the tail of the leading 3rd gen Corvette towards the end, who was doing everything he could to stay out in front of them. He finally made a mistake and spun going into the series of turns before the main straight, and Max and the 2nd gen Corvette got by him.)
Some vintage race friends here in Texas won that event a few years ago with their Corvette. I only raced one event with Curt and that was at Fontana, back 2005 maybe.

I wish I had one of the stickers they were sporting. A crying baby's face saying "Official Seal of West Coast GT350 Racers", or something to that effect!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors