The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My S197 Got crushed by a trio of M3's on trackday at Waterford Hills MI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Our cars do love those 315 Hoosiers! Though budget restraints make me go for the R7, just because they last much longer. Funny enough I get identical lap times with used 300/380-18 Dunlops, but they only give me about 10 cycles before cording out. The added sidewall helps out on the curbs and on the gearing as well.

Love to find out how much aero they had.. from what Hartman says these are usually looking for front downforce and front drag reduction.. i.e. splitter thas low, pointed down, and has mini diffusers on it.. combined with the end plates AND blockers if you have big tires sticking out. all that and then only a moderate wing to match... has anyone actually done this? i ask cause the splitter on this wild beast is quite small and simple.
Flat splitter ( no tunnels) that sticks out 2" from the bumper/boss chin and back to the front axle centerline(rules), louvers in the hood and a the g-stream 62" wing run at 0* - thats it. fairly tame.

TMO Supporting Vendors