The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 KazarS197 (Mark's) Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did pretty good yesterday. It was more of pulling everything together, being consistent and getting much smoother. I only got out for half a day due to rain but well worth it. Today will be a sunny beautiful day. Should be passed off as solo by the second session today. I was running cup2s and am swapping to slicks so really want someone in my car since the slicks are new for me. Not too bad for 5 track days. I was offered pass off after the second day but decided I could benefit from further instruction. The more I can get the better. AI said I can ask for an instructor any time which is awesome. Just because I will be solo does not mean I won't have instructors in my car many times in the future. @Coz ya I'm pretty sure I will need a more aggressive compound in the near future. After yesterdays improvements my speeds are way up and much harder on the brakes. Even at the slower speeds I wasn't using the brakes properly. R12s are not going to last long now.
20230521_055155.jpg

Stupid bump stop brackets were given me grief at full unload when changing wheels, especially with the 18's. I looked at removing but saw the relocation brackets might not be friendly with regular style springs.

Found a compromise. A little "precision" cutting with and angle grinder and a little "love" with 2 lb hammer. It still maintains plenty of structural strength and doesn't affect the contact of the bump. Plenty of room now.20230805_110232.jpg20230805_121536.jpg20230805_122358.jpg

LOL…good to see some things don’t change. We remove the front bump stops on the vintage cars. Limits the front compression too much.
I still have the rear stop. The tires were hitting at full drop when changing. Had to piss around with the jack in 1/4 in increments to get the 11" wheels on the whole way. Cut away and pounded in the area that was hitting.

I like my shopvac but love my beater garage dirt devil. No dust like when you sweep and no hoses to mess with. I dumped it in a dust pan just to show it will grab everything up to 1/4 stones and small leaves.
View attachment 88104
WOW!!!!....I wish I knew about this when I was still working!! To get rid of some of the riff raff I had to deal with back then......water under the bridge.....let's move on.....................

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
We need TMO underwear too....................they could make them for each model like below;
1. Home of the Boss
2. Voodoo inside
3. Home of the Cobra
4. Foxy
5. Coyote Ugly
6. Mach 1 ,the speed of light -----ooooo, that one would not be good on a date.
7. Mustang Sally for the ladies

Yes, I fully understand my mind is warped!

We need TMO underwear too....................they could make them for each model like below;
1. Home of the Boss
2. Voodoo inside
3. Home of the Cobra
4. Foxy
5. Coyote Ugly
6. Mach 1 ,the speed of light -----ooooo, that one would not be good on a date.
7. Mustang Sally for the ladies

Yes, I fully understand my mind is warped!
You missed one!
8. Performance Pack

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
FABMAN approved
Precision built
Driven deep
Comes out harder
Crowd pleaser
Panty dropper
Mr happy pants
Here comes excitement
…..anything but finishes first lol.

Last edited:
Clean it up boys! This is a serious build thread! Unless you have some kind of special underwear that can make me go faster and a fancy name I'm gonna have to shut it down... What about some drawers with better "air flow" ?😉

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Clean it up boys! This is a serious build thread! Unless you have some kind of special underwear that can make me go faster and a fancy name I'm gonna have to shut it down... What about some drawers with better "air flow" ?😉
Killjoy.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel