The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 KazarS197 (Mark's) Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
For the ones that have better airflow and have been aerodynamically tested , try a pair of boxer briefs by ...............drum roll..............A. J. Fartman.

Sorry AJ , no reflection on you it was just there for the taking.

Come on out on the 25th
Working- would end up being too late. Already scheduled for 9/3 . I tried to get in 9/2 but full and on wait list. Next week the car goes on stands and gets a good go through. I do a hour or 2 of stuff over a week or 2. Still need to mark all the nuts and bolts. The new R-12s have 3 days on them and really want to see if they are cracking like the last set. If so they get tossed and RP-1s go on.

Tow hook, numbers, looks like the rest were just a bunch of poseurs ,haha! Car looks great!
Ya, many cars with big HP that will never see a track. So so sad... I believe in driving a vehicle. Every car that I have owned or own has seen redline and more lateral Gs than most vehicles will see in 10 lifetimes. Well maybe not the Jeep as much, only 5 other vehicle lifetimes. Ha. You have to preserve the DD so there is cash for the Mustang.

Ya, many cars with big HP that will never see a track. So so sad... I believe in driving a vehicle. Every car that I have owned or own has seen redline and more lateral Gs than most vehicles will see in 10 lifetimes. Well maybe not the Jeep as much, only 5 other vehicle lifetimes. Ha. You have to preserve the DD so there is cash for the Mustang.
Old #19 looks so good in the pic like it is a zero mile specimen headed off to auction

Old #19 looks so good in the pic like it is a zero mile specimen headed off to auction
Thanks!!! I was very picky when looking for a car in 2020 and can only take partial credit. 2nd owner is a Ford sales manager and was very meticulous. When I picked it up he had it detailed by his guys. The pics on autotrader didn't do it justice. It definitely helps to have an awesome baseline. I have had 3 black cars over the years. They either look great, dirty, or dull - no middle ground. Collinite 845 has been my go-to for decades. A coat of that and a quick wipe with Maguiars Ultimate Detailer after every wash does is my routine now. Easy on and off for both even in the sun.

How did you do today?? I had to do a bunch of stuff around the house. Couldn’t make it there..
217 uneventful track miles for the weekend. There was lots of traffic in novice all weekend so decided to go out as long as I could for the open session. I skipped my last session for a good long break, sat in the AC in the meeting room and loaded up on fluids. If you and your car makes it through the weekend and weather holds up Sunday open session is the best. Hardly anyone on the track and only advanced, intermediate and a couple approved novice solo. I think I was the only one on the track for the last 15 minutes. Open session - hot hot hot and greasy past 3 laps so wasn't pushing but got 14 total in with a tire and brake check about 2/3 in. I had my friend in the car that got me into the hobby. Dana was in for quite a few sessions and no car issues. Other than the heat it was a perfect weekend. Good seeing you Saturday! See you next Sunday for the NASA races.

Forgot to add. I was able to play the with a Cayman R in many sessions. It was the most fun I have had in the Mustang. 330 hp 3100 lbs with IRS vs almost 500 hp probably darn close to 3900 lbs with a rider and live axle is freaking cool! The funny thing is we were both looking for each off track on Sunday which was kinda neat. Made a new friend.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel