The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Kona Blue Boss 302 #1049 Ready for Action

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stef said:
WOW Kona Blue is awesome looking with the white, Congrats on finally getting your car. Make sure you gently break in your motor as suggested in the Boss supplemental book.

Stef
I broke it in leaving the dealer parking lot and bouncing off the rev limiter. I'll refrain from sustained high revs until after 1,000 miles.

Thanks guys. The stress between the build and delivery was getting to me but now it's over. ;)

5 DOT 0 said:
Have I mentioned I'm really liking the spotter mirrors? If you look really close at the mirror you can see a Roush/Yates spotter with binoculars and headphones on. ;D

I more or less find them useless. I do like that the rear head rest fold down to help you see if the car behind you has light bar before you leave him in the dust. ;D

No, I am in Iowa. I can't find anyone but a dent elimination shop (though they do all of my local dealers vehicles). Do you know if they custom make the pieces via software patterns that are specifically for the boss or are they the same as a gt? Thanks for the handy info, this will be my first investment - the car that is ;D

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
stef said:
WOW Kona Blue is awesome looking with the white, Congrats on finally getting your car. Make sure you gently break in your motor as suggested in the Boss supplemental book.

Stef

You read the book before driving the car??? Wow. ;)

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
5 DOT 0 said:
Thank you. I had the entire front bumper including the top of the bumper, headlights, fenders, hood up to the stripe, and mirrors covered. The place that installed it is B&L Auto Decor in Roseville? Are you in NorCal?

How much was it? One of the places here is quoting me $799..... :eek: Didn't think it'd be that expensive.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Another data point, dealer here in Phoenix is selling me a clearbra for $695 installed including front fascia, hood front, headlights, grille surround, door edges, door handle pockets, painted surfaces on mirrors.

Busy week. Besides having the clear bra installed I had ceramic window tint installed on Saturday and installed the LS wing today. I also disabled Skip Shift and installed 7/8" discs from Scott. Thanks Scott! The 7/8" discs are much louder than the 1/2" and my wife did not complain. ;D If I think it's too loud I also have 3/4" I can try. I still have not run the car without the discs and will have to try that one of these days. If sounds great with the 7/8" discs.

The stock spoiler came off easily using some thin nylon rope I had left over from tying a Christmas tree to my van. Literally took five minutes. We took our time and including making a run to the hardware store for the 3/4" hole cutter we finished in three hours. Here's the photos.

IMG_0329.jpg
IMG_0331.jpg
IMG_0332.jpg
IMG_0333.jpg
IMG_0335.jpg
IMG_0336.jpg
IMG_0337.jpg
IMG_0338.jpg
IMG_0339.jpg

PJWANNABE said:
It looks great, Rick! Ford should have made the spoiler white on the white accent cars. Enjoy!
Yeah I agree. Ford should make one change and add two options for the 2013 Boss 302's:

Change the black spoiler to white on white striped cars.

Option 1 - LS Spoiler
Option 2 - LS Gauge Pack

Let's face it you can buy both options anyway so why not allow them as options when you purchase the car?

TMO Supporting Vendors