The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Kona Blue with White Removed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
ufnavy06 said:
I think it's the black rims with the blue body. A silver, gunmetal or lighter color imo would look better with the stripes removed.

I think it's the silver lip on the stock Boss rims. *I* think my GT looks fine with black rims...

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
NFSBOSS said:
Exactly and my stock wheels didn't last 24 hours on my car. Same goes for RR or CO with white stripes.

I just got back from Track Attack and I liked the CO with with stripes they had. I thought it looked good in person.

Brian

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: Kona Blue with White Removed

NFSBOSS said:
Exactly and my stock wheels didn't last 24 hours on my car. Same goes for RR or CO with white stripes.
My wife would kill me. O:)

aarcox2013

New Boss In Town
Flyboygsxr said:
I looked the car up on auto trader and I didn't like the looks with all the decals removed.

+1

I would say buy one with the stripes, but that being said, it's important you find the right car for *you*. I mentioned before I am a purist, so I don't like taking anything away that makes the car recognizable. The stripes are a big part of what makes the Boss the Boss. In the end, it's your decision, but I personally wouldn't touch this even if it where less.

It's a decent "going rate" price but that's also compared to other Bosses that have their stripes. Those stripes are VERY expensive and to be honest, cool or not, and regardless of future resale value, it's truly NOT an apples to apples comparison with other Bosses.

If you're interested in it, get them to knock off whatever new stripes will cost you. Even if you don't want to replace them yourself, there is no reason to pay for something that isn't there.

And yes, that will deter future buyers / resale value.

aarcox2013

New Boss In Town
WorldFamousZ said:
It's a decent "going rate" price but that's also compared to other Bosses that have their stripes. Those stripes are VERY expensive and to be honest, cool or not, and regardless of future resale value, it's truly NOT an apples to apples comparison with other Bosses.

If you're interested in it, get them to knock off whatever new stripes will cost you. Even if you don't want to replace them yourself, there is no reason to pay for something that isn't there.

Very true, see if he'll go a little cheaper. Here in Florida I am seeing 2012 302's with roughly the same mileage go for between 36-38k with the stripes, all stock, etc. I'd say keep looking around a bit...

Grant 302

aarcox2013 said:
If you were to buy it, would you have it striped? :eek:

Considering it. Could be the Bob White reflective ones if not the stock white.

WorldFamousZ said:

:) Already had that in mind, because it *is* a possible truth. I'm also guessing that this owner has an idea what replacement costs are by now...and has probably looked into it himself by now. Stripes and the roof paint add up quickly.

aarcox2013

New Boss In Town
Grant 302 said:
http://www.bobwhitedecals.com/2012Boss302Current.html

$179.99 for the reflective...material only.

I've seen decals from Bob White - he does quite an impressive job. Striping doesn't seem like it'll set you back to much...have you made the call yet and is it still available?

Grant 302 said:
http://www.bobwhitedecals.com/2012Boss302Current.html

$179.99 for the reflective...material only.
The OEM decals are 6x that. Scott has the 1970 stripes on his 2012 and they look fine.

They list the black C-stripes as being reflective also! I wonder how that would actually look in person. This would solve my stripe scratch problems...tempting... I will have to contact them and see if they would do matte black C-stripes.

Grant 302

cbj5259 said:
I think it would be cool to throw a set of the '70/'13 stripes on it...very unique.
NFSBOSS said:
The OEM decals are 6x that. Scott has the 1970 stripes on his 2012 and they look fine.
Understood about the OEM cost...especially from the negotiation standpoint. Looks great on Chris' car and I think some of the '12 'R' cars have been striped that way too.

WinterSucks said:
They list the black C-stripes as being reflective also! I wonder how that would actually look in person. This would solve my stripe scratch problems...tempting... I will have to contact them and see if they would do matte black C-stripes.
aarcox2013 said:
I've seen decals from Bob White - he does quite an impressive job. Striping doesn't seem like it'll set you back to much...have you made the call yet and is it still available?

I've seen the reflective reverse 'C' installed locally on a '12 CO/Blk car and the quality looks similar to OEM '13 stripes. Both look great.

The price just dropped, and I have not made the call yet. So I don't know if it's still available. My main issue with this car is that it's Kona Blue, and I can't see having two this color. It would confuse all my friends and neighbors! ;)

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: Kona Blue with White Removed

Flyboygsxr said:
Kona Blue is the best color...if you don't believe me then I'll send you a picture of my car :) All the other KB Boss owners back me up!
y7u9uqah.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors