The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
WG 2:23.06
- stock GT track pack except brake pads (resulting in overheated brakes and very early braking...)

NYST 1:46.3
- stock GT track pack except brake pads + brake cooling

Motorsports Park Hastings (MPH) - Hoosier R6s - 1:34.879 on MPH's transponder

Road America (RA) - Conti takeoff slicks - 2:36.648 on my GPS lap timer (This was last year before LT headers and o/r H pipe. Looking forward to trying again next summer on Hoosier R6s)

cloud9 said:
Motorsports Park Hastings (MPH) - Hoosier R6s - 1:34.879 on MPH's transponder

Road America (RA) - Conti takeoff slicks - 1:36.648 on my GPS lap timer (This was last year before LT headers and o/r H pipe. Looking forward to trying again next summer on Hoosier R6s)

Woah Gary! You have the new RA lap record, beating Dario Franchitti's 1:39.866 set in 2000 in an Indy Champ Car. Whatcha got in that thing, a friggin' GE F110 afterburning turbofan?

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
dug up a video from VIR full back in march 2013. timed via reference mark and video clock

2011 gt, stock engine with tune and cai, stock suspension, toyo 1 street tires, xp12/10 pads

3 back to back laps of 2:19

Um, anyone from Canada? :)

Mosport GP: 1:42.9 (2nd time out, tons of time left on the table)
Shannonville Full Track: 2:05.1

All are on a showroom stock car.

bobby.is.rad said:
VIR Full

2:27.04
9/1/2013
Stock Boss 302
Stock Pirellis at 41psi hot
LS Brake ducts
Stock brake pads

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDM60IRh-Ho[/youtube]

This should be an easy one to beat. Only my second track weekend.

Disclaimer: I didn't watch your video yet...

But are you a driving legend? LOL. 2:27 at VIR in a stock Boss is insane. I seem to recall that the best Car & Driver could muster in their lightning lap was 3:02 at the same circuit?!?!?! Maybe you should work for C&D and do lightning laps for them :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel