• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oregon Raceway Park April 9 2016 Personal Best Lap Clockwise Boss 302

https://youtu.be/L6XuhRWtzOY

Personal best 2:06.72
2012 Boss/Koni Yellows/285-40-18 RE-11

Oregon Raceway Park April 10 2016 Personal Best Lap Counter-Clockwise Boss 302

https://youtu.be/AENyIR03yN4

Personal best 2:05.37
2012 Boss/Koni Yellows/285-40-18 RE-11

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Black Boss said:
Gingerman, Stock GT350R w/PSC2's 1:39.71. Here's a poor video of the second best lap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcxNYA8QFLo

@Black Boss were you out there with 3 Balls?

cloud9

Gary
Black Boss said:
Gingerman, Stock GT350R w/PSC2's 1:39.71. Here's a poor video of the second best lap:
Great lap 8) Looks like you're running it right to redline. Do you feel the power start to fall off or was it more a function of the gearing that it made sense to run it to 8250? Where do you have your shift light set? I don't have the data acq so will be using the stock heads up display. I bumped it from 7700 to 7800 this weekend, but without any track time am not sure if that's the right setting or if I should raise it. Trying to find the right level where I can use all the revs if needed to save a shift without hitting the rev limiter.

Looks like you beat your personal best by 2.4 seconds? Impressive.

Fair said:
Date: April 26, 2015
Track: Texas World Speedway 2.9 mi CCW
Lap time: 1:49.926 (AMB transponder loop during NASA race weekend) new TT3 lap record
Car: 2011 Mustang GT, NASA TT3 prepped
Total vehicle weight with driver: 3802 (with driver and ballast)
Wheel horsepower: 432 whp
Tire size and model: 335F/345R Hoosier A6 (sticker set)

Terry-TWS-Mustang-042615data-M.jpg

in-car video

DSC_7703-M.jpg

One of the last race weekends we ran in this car. :(

Man, I go away for a year and come back and you've destroyed all of my times. WTF! Go away fast A hole

cloud9 said:
Great lap 8) Looks like you're running it right to redline. Do you feel the power start to fall off or was it more a function of the gearing that it made sense to run it to 8250? Where do you have your shift light set? I don't have the data acq so will be using the stock heads up display. I bumped it from 7700 to 7800 this weekend, but without any track time am not sure if that's the right setting or if I should raise it. Trying to find the right level where I can use all the revs if needed to save a shift without hitting the rev limiter.

Looks like you beat your personal best by 2.4 seconds? Impressive.

Power doesn't seem to drop off until 8,000 rpm, so I have my shift light set to 7,900. In the places I ran to the redline it just didn't make sense to add 2 shifts, plus the rev limiter (if you hit it) is way less aggressive than in the Boss.

That was my second fastest lap on PSC2's -- Fastest lap was 2.6 seconds faster, and it took a lot of seat time in the Boss. I'm thinking 3.0 - 3.5 seconds on this track with R7's in the 350....

cloud9

Gary
Black Boss said:
Power doesn't seem to drop off until 8,000 rpm, so I have my shift light set to 7,900. In the places I ran to the redline it just didn't make sense to add 2 shifts, plus the rev limiter (if you hit it) is way less aggressive than in the Boss.

That was my second fastest lap on PSC2's -- Fastest lap was 2.6 seconds faster, and it took a lot of seat time in the Boss. I'm thinking 3.0 - 3.5 seconds on this track with R7's in the 350....
Thanks. I think I'll bump mine up to 7900 to start.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
Ran Limerock last weekend with Toyo R888's. 1.02.2 was my best. Car us the same as last year otherwise, just another data point with different tires

smittytx said:
Man, I go away for a year and come back and you've destroyed all of my times. WTF! Go away fast A hole

I think we could build you a car that could easily re-take those TT3 records, even with the new rule changes in TT3. ;)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Black Boss said:
Yes -- great group!

Right on. I have a couple buddies that run there, one of them just moved out to AZ and is always talking about how relaxed the run groups are.

Black Boss said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcxNYA8QFLo

Excellent driving. The more I see the 350 on track the more it looks to be much smoother and "on rails" than even a heavily modified Boss. Turn in, roll through the center and acceleration out of the turns looks amazing! Still love my Boss but when compared to what I see in the videos of the 350 it just seems clunkier and needs to be man handled so much more. New platforms are supposed to result in improved performance but what Ford has done looks to be way beyond what one would expect.

VoodooBoss

Rick
KBBOSS1086 said:
Excellent driving. The more I see the 350 on track the more it looks to be much smoother and "on rails" than even a heavily modified Boss. Turn in, roll through the center and acceleration out of the turns looks amazing! Still love my Boss but when compared to what I see in the videos of the 350 it just seems clunkier and needs to be man handled so much more. New platforms are supposed to result in improved performance but what Ford has done looks to be way beyond what one would expect.
You nailed it.

Fair

Go Big or Go Home
Supporting Vendor
modernbeat said:
I think we could build you a car that could easily re-take those TT3 records, even with the new rule changes in TT3. ;)
Hell, we're approaching some of our TT3 records in our TTC car... ;D

P7A_5774-M.jpg

Our TT3 Mustang was never a 100% dedicated TT3 effort - it was still street driven with a full interior. I'd love for someone to bring us a Mustang and say "make it beat all of your old TT3 records". We could do it, easily.

Fair

Go Big or Go Home
Supporting Vendor
This is an old one... but it was the last time we ran Eagles Canyon with NASA in our TT3 Mustang. It was the first year we ran TT3, and somehow this class track record still stands.

pgcropNASAMustang%20copy%20copy-Recovered%20copy-M.jpg

Date: Nov 2, 2013
Track: ECR 2.5 mile CCW
Lap time: 1:55.250 (AMB transponder loop during NASA race weekend), new TT3 lap record
Car: 2011 Mustang GT, NASA TT3 prepped
Total vehicle weight with driver: 3770 lbs (with driver and ballast)
Wheel horsepower: 430 whp
Tire size and model: 315mm Hoosier A6 (sticker set)

_DSC9698-M.jpg

This was the first time running this car at ECR in the new for 2013 class called TT3. We were on 315 Hoosier A6 tires and my wife and I were both driving the car in TT3 that weekend, so it was getting double stints. This car was run at 3770 pounds to meet the 9:1 power to weight ratio of TT3 class (with ballast on board) for that year. We had just come back from NASA Nationals @ Miller and had chopped 4" off the front splitter, to fix an aero imbalance we had at high speeds (125-150). The old splitter was 10.25" long past the nose - made too much downforce!

3-M.jpg
in-car video here

So many mistakes and issues on this lap... the ABS was wigging out and the car went into "ice mode" on the brakes in two spots (Turn 9 and Turn 11), then fuel starved coming out of Turn 11. This was long before we added real brake cooling or the Ford Racing ABS module. Somehow I nearly matched this time on Sunday (.029 sec slower), running in one session that day.

NASA-ECR-Nov2TimeTrials1-pg1-M.jpgNASA-ECR-Nov3TimeTrials-pg1-M.jpg

Won TT3 both days and my wife Amy placed 3rd in both as well. Took home 4 Hoosiers for the wins but barely won on Sunday. This car was developed far beyond this point in 2014 and 2015. The next year we had a conflicting event (Optima @ SEMA in 2014) during the ECR weekend, and now the track has fallen off the NASA schedule due to the bumpiness. I really hope they can repave this track - I'd love to go out there with NASA again! This is what I consider my "home track" and I have probably driven over 1,000 laps here in HPDE, TT and W2W events.

Cheers,
Terry Fair @ Vorshlag

KBBOSS1086 said:

Thanks. The 350 is a much easier car to drive fast -- as you say Ford did a great job improving the platform and it is way smoother and more controlled than my Boss (which had lots of mods). The fact that it's 2.6-3.0 seconds faster stock with no mods first time out at Gingerman and VIR is amazing. That said there's something magic about man-handling a visceral car with a solid rear axle -- I really love both cars. The 350 capable of sticking with and passing P cars costing 2x. The Boss is the pinnacle of solid rear axle muscle. 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Latest lap times

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel