The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johna said:
I really like everything about the boss, so not thinking about changing. But I am curious on how much quicker the gt350 is on track lap times versus the boss. Would like to read a few comparisons from former or current boss owners who have tracked both.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
A lot. @Black Boss is 3-4 seconds a lap quicker with the same Hoosier R7's on his stock R compared to his highly modified Boss 302 LS. We were tearing it up at GT350 TA in stock GT350's on stock tires. I believe the consensus was the 350's were as fast or faster than the Boss 302FRS cars we drove the second day.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Track50h said:
New PB at Sebring last week,

Managed a 2:33.04

AED Tuned Alluminator 5.0, Tokico D-spec/Steeda Comp Springs, BFG R1 scrubs, Cortex Watts Link

Big improvement! Nice work!

LS110 said:
New PB at BIR 3.1 mile track on Sunday: 1:42.81 - Also hit 161 mph on this lap ;D
New coilovers helped make this happen.

How did you like the MCS stuff so far? Looks about 1.5 seconds faster than your previous time.

YellowJacketBoss302 said:
New personal best at Barber last weekend -- barely.
New best time = 1:47.54
tires -- Michelin Pilot Super Sport - stock sizes

Keep pushing! :)

ArizonaBOSS said:
Big improvement! Nice work!

How did you like the MCS stuff so far? Looks about 1.5 seconds faster than your previous time.

Keep pushing! :)

Clearly the MCS coilovers improved my grip. I only just got started with adjustments, focusing on compression. Will mess with the rebound more at my next event in a week. Thank you for your guidance with these as I am very pleased the results!

Paul@PAE

Supporting Vendor
This past weekend 24 year old Brian Faessler in his Paul’s Automotive Engineering/Technitron 2015 Mustang competed in the Global Time Attack, Pro Competition at Road Atlanta.

This was our first exposure to true professionally built Time Attack cars. These cars are designed and built to run 1 fast lap.

We felt a little out of place as we were the only Mustang in competition.

We intended to compete in the Unlimited Rear Wheel Drive class but our missing strut towers (should have brought them) bumped us into the Pro Comp class.

Our test Thursday went well, running low boost and heat cycling tires.

Brian quickly got up to speed on Friday, dropping his personal best in this car by almost 4 seconds, posting a 1:23.8 second lap.

This put him at the top of the overall time chart by over a second. We knew that this would not stand but were very pleased.

Unfortunately Saturday we encountered a problem with our waste gate and were not able to improve our time.

Our time from Friday stood up as the fastest rear wheel drive car, and was only bested by (3) Unlimited 4 Wheel drive cars.

Congratulations to Jeff Westphal in the GST Subaru and his winning time of 1:20.7.

Great cars, Great drivers, Great competition.

Paul Faessler

Paul's Automotive Engineering

513-791-1087

www.paulsautomotiveengineering.com

Paul@PAE

Supporting Vendor
Unfortunately we were the only car in the Pro Comp class. Our lack of strut towers bumped us out of the Unlimited Rear Wheel Drive. We just went for testing anyway. and learned that Unlimited does not mean unlimited with GTA.
There was a very fast Vette prepared by Vengence Racing (their home track) that won URWD with a 1:24.3.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
First time for me out to Auto Club out in Fontana. Best time for the weekend was 1:48.48 on R7s with the transmission dying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEuIhrKxgnY

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
74mach said:
This past weekend 24 year old Brian Faessler in his Paul’s Automotive Engineering/Technitron 2015 Mustang competed in the Global Time Attack, Pro Competition at Road Atlanta.

This was our first exposure to true professionally built Time Attack cars. These cars are designed and built to run 1 fast lap.

We felt a little out of place as we were the only Mustang in competition.

We intended to compete in the Unlimited Rear Wheel Drive class but our missing strut towers (should have brought them) bumped us into the Pro Comp class.

Our test Thursday went well, running low boost and heat cycling tires.

Brian quickly got up to speed on Friday, dropping his personal best in this car by almost 4 seconds, posting a 1:23.8 second lap.

This put him at the top of the overall time chart by over a second. We knew that this would not stand but were very pleased.

Unfortunately Saturday we encountered a problem with our waste gate and were not able to improve our time.

Our time from Friday stood up as the fastest rear wheel drive car, and was only bested by (3) Unlimited 4 Wheel drive cars.

Congratulations to Jeff Westphal in the GST Subaru and his winning time of 1:20.7.

Great cars, Great drivers, Great competition.

Paul Faessler

Paul's Automotive Engineering

513-791-1087

www.paulsautomotiveengineering.com

That is awesome and sorry to hear about the mechanical issues. As you mentioned, those cars are generally built do do only one flyer...they won't survive a race environment but they can haul with the right drivers!

ArizonaBOSS said:
First time for me out to Auto Club out in Fontana. Best time for the weekend was 1:48.48 on R7s with the transmission dying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEuIhrKxgnY

Noticed the notchy 3rd to 4th, and 4th to 5th just looked painful...

Probably too early in the decision making process, but you thinking of another stock MT82, one that Ben Calimer has done, or a Tremec unit?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Already picked up a low-mile MT-82 from @ilesjohn while I was out in California; plan is to swap that in along with a fresh slave cylinder in June, then send the original trans to Ben Calimer for rebuild towards the end of this year or early next year.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel