The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
That phase change stuff is cool (literally) and works pretty well. I have a couple of packs that change at about 70º. The problem with hot days isn't just for seat time. Tire changes, suspension changes, tire temp and pressure monitoring all becomes more work than fun when the air temps hit 95º+. Makes more sense to me just to go north to Laguna Seca when it's hot down here.

Not sure where to get these packs retail anymore...
http://www.cryopak.com/packaging-and-refrigerants/phase-change-materials/phase-22/

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
That phase change stuff is cool (literally) and works pretty well. I have a couple of packs that change at about 70º. The problem with hot days isn't just for seat time. Tire changes, suspension changes, tire temp and pressure monitoring all becomes more work than fun when the air temps hit 95º+. Makes more sense to me just to go north to Laguna Seca when it's hot down here.

Not sure where to get these packs retail anymore...
http://www.cryopak.com/packaging-and-refrigerants/phase-change-materials/phase-22/
Yeah, got pretty damn hot last year that's for sure. I bought one of those portable A/C units to run in my trailer....haven't had a chance to try that out yet. Maybe this year I'll get a chance to use it.

Went to The Ridge a couple months back, managed to find a sunny weekend sneaking in between all the rain. Same parts as before, but the slicks are now done. Was hoping for a sub 2 minute lap but oh well, next time!

Speedboosted--2006 Mustang 3v/275 Conti's/Brembos/Watts/Bilsteins- 2:00.4

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Too many slow and off camber corners, too narrow in what should be prime passing spots.
At Thunderhill? Put that crack pipe down, Sal! Maybe if you are driving the "new" West Track.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
All times updated to this point, tracks added, etc. :) @Speedboosted, @treynor, thank you for the "pre-formatting", makes things easier on me.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
At Thunderhill? Put that crack pipe down, Sal! Maybe if you are driving the "new" West Track.

No, I mean the east track. I’ve been there plenty. Do I need to do a corner by corner replay for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMO Supporting Vendors