The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Tyme and TMS should have a fun time at Hastings ( www.racemph.com ) at the Mustang Roundup , as they both have Blue Boss 302s - and APEX rims. Look forward to the battle of the Blues, and though I promised Tyme some personal instruction, now that TMS was my student at Heartland , it would only be right to give him the same speed tips at my favorite track, ha,ha. Now , if I can only keep the two guys straight!?

PS - I also predict that TMS will be under 2:00 minutes the next time he is at Heartland , as he has Pirellis on a set of APEX rims also , and they are definitely faster than the Nittos!!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
No worries Bill. I’ll be the on the Pirelli next time. I Lent my spacers to Someone and ran the Nitto. Oh well.
Sub 2’s would be amazing. If I had rear downforce a d the nerve to take the hill at Alpha flat out, I would be nearer to sub now.
Thanks again for the instruction.

Make/Model/engine/trans/packages: 2016 Ford Shelby GT350
Track/Course: Miller Motorsport Park East (since renamed to Utah Motorsport Campus)
Best Lap Time: 1:49.734
Brakes: Stock
Wheels: Stock
Tires : 295/35-19 front and 305 35-19 rear stock Michelin PSS
Suspension: stock
Other Mods: Front camberplate
Weather: ~75 degrees, partly/mostly cloudy

this was 1st day of Ford Track Attack. the free school for GT350 owners. This was their school car. Bone stock except for front camber plates. whole lap was done in "Sport Mode" as required.

Last edited:
Make/Model/engine/trans/packages: FRS 302s ST2
Track/Course: Miller Motorsport Park West (since renamed to Utah Motorsport Campus)
Best Lap Time: 1:40.782
Tires : BFG R1 285/35-18
Other Mods: Front splitter and rear wing
Weather: ~85 degrees, partly/mostly cloudy

this was 2nd day of Ford Track Attack . This is their school car. It is a FRS 302s ST3 race car.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
CA
Track: Buttonwillow Raceway Park
Date: 6/01/2018
Best Time: 1:56.495
Source: Aim Solo DL
Car: 2011 S197 GT/5.0
Tires: 305f/315r Pirelli slicks, unknown heat cycles
Wheels: Apex 18x11
Suspension: Vorshlag Coilovers, camber plates, LCA, UCA, Watts Link
Aero: stock GT spoiler, Boss 302 mini "splitter"
Power: Stock everything, no tune
AdvanceTrac: OFF

We threw some random old slicks on the car to see how that would do. The front ones were corded by the end of the day.
I've never driven slicks before so I took it pretty mellow to get used to them. I ran my fastlap in the first session (78°) but was half throttling most of the time and totally chickened out in bus-stop. Over the day I more comfortable but temps where so hot that there was no way to improve on my times.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Looks like your were Badgering the other cars on the track easily. No way the Porsche or Viper TA should not have been way ahead of you and you blew by them like they were rolling pylons ----- looked awful damn fast and smooth, so not sure about your comments that you were not comfortable with the slicks, as you sure looked proficient!?

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
CA
Looks like your were Badgering the other cars on the track easily. No way the Porsche or Viper TA should not have been way ahead of you and you blew by them like they were rolling pylons ----- looked awful damn fast and smooth, so not sure about your comments that you were not comfortable with the slicks, as you sure looked proficient!?

What I mean is that I was not going all out and half throttling a lot. Traffic aside, I left about a full second on track by not driving the tires to their potential. Busstop (t10) for example, I was taking it 10mph slower then I should have. Usually I am taking taking that part faster even on skinny 200tw tires. Plenty of time that can be made up with more confident driving.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well appears you will annihilate folks once you get accustomed to the Pirellis. Have run them at two tracks near me and I am usually a second faster than on R7s , so they do stick!!!! Great run, none the less.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
CA
Dude, they are nuts! I can´t believe how fast they are even without driving them on the ragged edge. Not legal for my class, but I definitely will get some more for the one or the other fun day on the track :)

the5 your car puts the power down! Amazing driving. Shitload of traffic. Very impressed. What tires are you running?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Hey Guys: Sorry--things have been pretty busy but I will figure out how to get all of the updated lap times entered within this week. Glad everyone is having fun out there :)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Preserving @Jimmy Pribble 's official first reply to this thread; working on splitting the original post into the remaining next two posts on the first page.

Harris Hill Road

Boos-at-2012-Audi-State-Meet.jpg

Well? Is this the thread?

Track: Harris Hill Road (CW)
Date: 2/26/12
Best Time: 1:32.160

Source: AiM Solo DL
Tires: Pirelli (stock)
Tire pressures (hot): Unknown, but target was per factory Boss track setup booklet.
Suspension: stock
Damper settings: 5f/5r
Swaybar settings: n/a
AdvanceTrac: OFF

Comments: This is not my favorite track, but it is the track I go to most often. Not a particularly fast time, so I like it for a baseline. That also works, because everything was stock (RCWALP).

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
OK--original post broken into rough thirds and spread out across the next two placeholder posts beneath it.
All times finally updated!

TMO Supporting Vendors