The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
After seeing your speed through turn 12 at Road Atlanta I now dub you Sir Boss Gonads !! ( I do have a similar name since you are in your Shelby , but will just tell you that one when you come to Hastings in September). My favorite corner at RA , but most folks do not like it and your transition through 1,2,3 was beautiful to behold.

VIR Full 2:03.74 Aim Solo. Hoosier R7s. Great weekend but unfortunately my drivers side rear wheel bearing went on the third session of the day...... 2900 mile car....

Last edited:
Great time, but sorry to hear about the bad luck with the wheel bearing :(
Thanks Im just glad that I could feel it. The only turn it was noticeable in was south bend.... I did not know what it was but Im glad I cut the session short and went and checked it. I actually thought it was a tire from a driving perspective. I talked to a mechanic there who said he also had a 2000 mile gt350 have one go bad so not a bad idea to give it a check once and awhile.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Irvine, CA
4/21/18 - Buttonwillow 13CCW - 2:07
SavetheManuals--12 Boss/302R "RLCAs"/NT01 275 square/Hawk DTC60--2:07 (13CCW)

Comments:
Finally got my brake cooling ducts installed and along with the new to me Hawk DTC60 pads and slotted StopTech rotors I had no braking issues. This was my 1st time at Buttonwillow and considering the configuration (13CCW) and passenger weight I am happy with the time and enjoyed the track! Definitely a few more seconds in the car once I figure out the best lines, speeds, and throttle applications through off ramp, Phil hill, and bus stop.

Got some coaching time with Jade Buford, yesterday. It paid off, improved my speed thru the Essess by 4mph to 136mph and improved my lap time by over half a second -- there's more time to be had -- only got 1 session to practice the coaching before the rain came, Was nearly 0.8 seconds up, but lost time versus prior best in the later part of the lap.....

VIR: Stock GT350R with Hoos R7's 2:02.26

Comparison versus prior day:

fullsizeoutput_eb9.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Scottsdale, AZ
I was at VIR this past weekend as well - tons of Mustangs and GT350's!

Lap time: 2:09.65 on 285 Hankook RS4's - a slight improvement over my previous best.

I mounted a new set of Apex 18x11's with 305 NT01's but after the first run I found they were way off balance (excess vibration above ~ 110 MPH) so I ran the entire weekend on my 285 Hankook RS4s. Looking forward to getting back out there once I have the NT01's rebalanced.

I also had my first "off" in this run which you can see at around the 9 min mark. Got lucky this wasn't at higher speed or a more compromising portion of the track!

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
CA
Track: Chuckwalla
Date: 4/28/2018
Best Time: 2:03.342
Source: Transponder
Car: 2011 S197 GT/5.0
Tires: 295/40/18 R-S4
Wheels: Apex 18x11
Suspension: Vorshlag Coilovers, camber plates, LCA, UCA, Penhard Bar
Power: Stock everything, no tune
AdvanceTrac: OFF
American Muscle Cup class: Stock
Position: p1

Decent conditions. 2nd session of the day and it started getting hot.
First time with the car at this track. So I stuck it out in 4th all the way around in order to focus on my line and braking zones. Going to 3rd here and there would have been a bit faster. Generally I was over braking and driving a bit too conservative.

Last edited:
Made it back to ORP and first time out with the new slicks and MCS. Definitely needs some tweaking to get faster but there is plenty left on the table.

Speedboosted--2006 Mustang 3v/305 Conti/Brembos/Watts/MCS- 2:01.2 (CW)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Assume ORP is Oregon Raceway Park? Have heard of that track from Cindi Lux , but actually have never seen a video of said - have any shots of you running around the circuit ?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel