The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Lap Time Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great to meet @gtorpedo @ VIR this weekend and big thanks for the tips to pick up more time, you had been killing me in Oak Tree but I think I finally got it "right" by the end of the weekend. I'd say we had a great weekend even though conditions were really bizarre. I had to drive to the track in a few inches of slush on the Cup 2s. :eek: I had data issues all weekend, so I only have data for one session so my lap times are coming from the video. Probably more accurate at 30 FPS than a 10 Hz GPS anyway... Strange weather conditions meant I only got 5 sessions in, but I set a pretty solid lap time.

Car: 2017 GT350
Track: VIR Full
Date: 3/25/18
Best Time: 2:05.88
Tires: OEM Sports Cup 2 305/315 30 19
Wheels: 19x11/19x11.5 6GR replica wheels
Suspension: BMR front bar on soft, Ford track spec alignment (service bolts and slotted strut got about -1.8 degrees up front), otherwise stock in track mode damper setting
Brakes: Raybestos ST43
Engine/Drivetrain: Stock

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Club Motorsports in NH
2014 GT TP
Suspension, tuned, aero, Conti scrubs

I have video I’ll post up

Couple laps later almost got a 1.41 (per video review) but instead hit the tirewall head on due to what I still believe is a mechanical failure.

Many fun times with the Mustang though!

Derek, sorry to hear that you hit a tire wall. Hopefully the damage isn’t too bad and your back on track soon.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
SoCal
Track: Buttonwillow
Date: 3/30/18
Best Time: 2:04.23
Source: Transponder
Car: 2016 S550 GTPP
Tires: 305/30R19 ContiForce Contact
Wheels: 19x11 BC Forged race spec
Brakes: G-Loc R16/R12
Suspenstion: RideTech coilovers

I was anxious to try my new square setup at this track since I have been here before. Unlike Streets of Willow I had nothing to compare it to. I decreased my time over 4.5 seconds when I was on my stock wheels and O.E. Pirelli tires, so that's a win. I still have some handling issues to work out (I'm going to post in another thread) plus the usual driver mods.

Buttonwillo Cotton Corner.jpg

Track: Nurburgring Nordschleife
Date: 18 November 2017
Time: 8:34.0

Source: passenger with stopwatch
2005 Mustang GT
Tires: Federal 595 RS-RR
Tire Pressure- 35F, 36R (cold)

Wilwood 6P superlite front calipers
Stoptech slotted rotors, 14" front, stock rear
Wilwood pads (XP-10 front, Pro-Matrix rear)
Brake ducts
18x10 Apex EC-7 wheels, 275/35 tires
H&R Race Springs
Eibach Pro Dampers
MM Caster/Camber Plates
MM Panhard Bar

Video link in signature

This picture is just perfect! Driving on the Nurburgring is on my (like everyone else's) bucket list. Driving a MUSTANG on the Nurburgring is...probably only gonna happen in my dreams.

Got any info on your ZX2? I have a 1998 completely stock and have been thinking about doing some suspension mods to autocross it but don't even know where to start.

This picture is just perfect! Driving on the Nurburgring is on my (like everyone else's) bucket list. Driving a MUSTANG on the Nurburgring is...probably only gonna happen in my dreams.

Got any info on your ZX2? I have a 1998 completely stock and have been thinking about doing some suspension mods to autocross it but don't even know where to start.

Yeah man, definitely a check off of my bucket list! Glad to have had the opportunity to do it!

My ZX2 is an 03, completely stripped interior, AC/PS delete, Gude long tube header, Trubendz/Magnaflow exhaust, S/R Iceman intake, Dyno tune by McNews, S/R rear disk swap, Wagon 22mm rear sway bar, Ground control coilovers, and some other odds and ends. Personally, I'm not a fan of the ground control coilovers I have. Ceika has some nice coilovers that I'll be upgrading to at some point, but the new Mustang takes financial priority right now. Honestly, there isn't all that much out there for our cars, but there's a thread somewhere on the forums that shows all the parts that are interchangeable between the ZX2 and different Mazdas, so that can help broaden your search a bit.

Also, ignore the crap XXRs, they're my daily wheels. I plan on getting some RPF1s as track wheels, I just haven't ran the car in a while so I sold my old wheels and got these.
zx2.jpg

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel