The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

LMP gross, I just can't take it anymore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If the rules package requires designers to build cars this ugly, we need a new rules package, when the Daytona Prototypes go away this year, it will be the last of the aesthetically pleasing prototypes..then it's all butt ugly.

I rest my case...

mvvKZArl.jpg

0qamRB6l.jpg

So funny, I was complaining to my son yesterday about how ugly the LM prototypes are. And F1 is going to add canopies? Full wheel covers are next. There has to be a better way to protect the drivers.

Dude..that's not beautiful..that's an abomination

This is beautiful

5obsyRal.jpg

XdblfAdl.jpg

Even with the big goofy wing it's still a 2E is a work of art

3AGJMPwl.jpg

I see beauty in anything that can go that fast for that long. I was more put off by it's Honda power (and power disparity) than it's looks.

Also, my race suit (which I bought at a charity auction) is Scott Sharp's older blue / green Patron racing suit...and I drink a lot of Patron ;-)...so it's even harder to 'hate.'

fuhrius said:
I see beauty in anything that can go that fast for that long. I was more put off by it's Honda power (and power disparity) than it's looks.

Also, my race suit (which I bought at a charity auction) is Scott Sharp's older blue / green Patron racing suit...and I drink a lot of Patron ;-)...so it's even harder to 'hate.'

Don't misunderstand me, the engineering follows the rules package, they do what they have to do, that's why I said it's time to change the rules package, because car built to fit those rules are sure butt ugly.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel