The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Blackhawk runs on Wednesdays. Several clubs run the weekends.

I have run Blackhawk and Road America. Two different worlds. Blackhawk is a family run show, small track and relaxed. RA is always a big show. Both are a great time.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
RA is a forgiving track in a beautiful setting. Although it is hard on brakes. There are 3 corners where you will brake from over 100MPH down to less than 50. these are followed by long sections where the brakes cool again. All promoting a fun time and heavy brake wear.
Xbox will likely be a good intro. NOTHING beats track time. :cool:

Hey everyone, new guy here.
This is actually my first mustang and performance car in general. My daily is a Tacoma. I have a background in kart racing. The 350 for me is a fun car that I can take to the track. Cheers!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_173.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_173.jpeg
    860.6 KB · Views: 63

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Welcome! Have you had the car out to the track yet?

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Don't forget to post pics!

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Hi Dead Cow:

The new Shelby looks sweet and congrats on the purchase. Can you tell us a bit more about your GT350? Options, etc.

Good luck at TrackAttack.
302 Hi Pro

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
No not yet. I'm still recovering financially from purchasing it. I'm leaving today to go to the track attack. When I get back I'm going to sign up for a NASA event later this month.
Damn. That looks sweet. Just how I wanted to order mine before that scenario fell apart.

Are you talking about NASA AZ at AMP? If so, see you there.

Hi Dead Cow:

The new Shelby looks sweet and congrats on the purchase. Can you tell us a bit more about your GT350? Options, etc.

Good luck at TrackAttack.
302 Hi Pro

Yes, mine is a 2017 with electronics pkg in race red.

Damn. That looks sweet. Just how I wanted to order mine before that scenario fell apart.

Are you talking about NASA AZ at AMP? If so, see you there.

Yes I think I'm going to sign up today! Hopefully I'll see you there, cheers.

Longtime lurker here. Bought my 2016 GT350 Track Pack in Magnetic with black OTT stripes just about a year ago. I have 3,900 miles on the odometer now, with two track days (vid below). I've been doing HPDEs for about 10 years now. My other track car is a 2002 Porsche Boxster S. I try to do two to four track days per year... Compared to the Boxster, the GT350 feels like cheating on track! My first time out in the GT350 I beat my best lap time in the Boxster by two full seconds... Looking forward to seeing & hearing what other owners are doing with their cars on track.

Yard.jpg

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Sweet!

Nice driving and welcome. What tires were you running in the video?

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
THX 138:

And he runs them down to pass'em on the inside of the turn! Don't see that very often at an HPDE!

Nice drive!

Good luck with your new GT350.
302 Hi Pro

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
THX 138:

And he runs them down to pass'em on the inside of the turn! Don't see that very often at an HPDE!

Nice drive!

Good luck with your new GT350.
302 Hi Pro
Sure, when I do that they tell me "This ain't Nascar" and to "Knock it off". :(
California has managed to pussify everything including race cars. :mad:

Jim Ryder

Retriever Racing
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
machesney park, ill.
IMG_4432 (2).JPG
Hi, I'm Jim Ryder Been a Mustang fan all my life! Ever since I was 10 years old standing at the fence on turn five at Road America, watching Parnelli Jones and George Follmer I have been in love with Boss Mustangs! I've never had the opportunity or money to buy a real Boss so in 2007 I built a clone. I bought a brand new Grabber orange Mustang GT and made it look like a '69 BOSS. In 2010 I started tracking the car and having a blast. I have a road race background. I started racing go karts in 1975, was WKA national champion in 1982. I race vintage karts to this day, cheepest way to go real fast! In 1995 I started Racing SCCA formula vee's. I won the SCCA cen/div championship four times. 2009 I retired from SCCA because I ran out of money! So now the vintage karting and track days with the Mustang are it! Over the last four years I have done alot of suspension work to the car, most of it wrong! For this spring I think I got it right, find out Saturday at Road America! New springs, sway bars, front arms, front brakes, Torsen diff, seat, belts and roll bar!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim Ryder

Retriever Racing
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
machesney park, ill.
I run at Road America and Blackhawk Farms mainly. Last Summer I ran Indy at the MCA 40th annivesary. We ran the F1 course and it was a blast and fast! I posted a video on a facebook sight called corner ponies and they ripped me to shreds! they said I was going to wreck my car because my hands we not glued to the wheel? Then they said I must have built my car from the American Muscle catalog? Who would put Boss stripes on a 3v? I left that group, they really pissed me off. I won a gold level award at the 2014 Prarieland Roundup National MCA show so I guess some one likes my car? I wonder how many championships those guys won? I just want to have fun with my car. I make improvements when I can and try to whoop on Porsche's and BMW's LOL!! I hope this sight is one were everyone is on the same side and not in competition with each other. I would love to get other guys insight on set ups and give mine as well. I've bought alot of parts that didn't work, don't want to see the next guy waste his money like I did. I'm going to Road America this weekend, I hope mother nature cooperates!
indy1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
A lifetime in racing and business has taught me this:
There will always be those who find fault in your success.
Fvck them.
~Sal Molinare

TMO Supporting Vendors