The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking good. I really like the ruby red. You've come to the right place because we like to spend OPM and @Grant 302 is our top expert at it. Have fun with your Mustang.

Looking good. I really like the ruby red. You've come to the right place because we like to spend OPM and @Grant 302 is our top expert at it. Have fun with your Mustang.

Thank you, and yes spending my money is hard but spending others' is easy!

I'm having a hard time deciding what I want first. It's likely down to the watts link and torque arm vs wheels and tires, since they're both going to cost about the same.

I'd go lighter wheels and stickier tires first then the watts link.
This is sort of what I was leaning towards. I had a set of lighter wheels on my Focus ST, I was able to drop about 6-7lbs per corner and it felt like a completely different car. It seems that my factory 19x9 wheels weight in excess of 30 pounds. I can only imagine what dropping nearer to 10lbs would do to this car. There's also a likelihood that I might be able to do all of it this year. At WORST I'm thinking wheels/tires and just the watts link. Maybe save the torque arm for later. Really just depends on how my finances look once work starts to pick up for the season. Sometimes excess cash comes pouring in, and then the fun starts.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
You know, Apex is having a big wheel promotion right about now....

You know, Apex is having a big wheel promotion right about now....
Yes I've seen that, seems the wheels they're promo'ing at the moment are 18x11 and 19's... Unfortunately I'm not really interested in a 19" wheel and I think 18x11 for a street car is going to put me in a position to absolutely chew up my door and fender paint with rock chips.

I wish I would have been around a handful of weeks ago to get in on the previous 18x10 group by, but ultimately it wouldn't have mattered since I likely won't have the means to pull the trigger on much more than fuel until the end of April.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Can't blame a guy for tryin'.

Yes I've seen that, seems the wheels they're promo'ing at the moment are 18x11 and 19's... Unfortunately I'm not really interested in a 19" wheel and I think 18x11 for a street car is going to put me in a position to absolutely chew up my door and fender paint with rock chips.

I wish I would have been around a handful of weeks ago to get in on the previous 18x10 group by, but ultimately it wouldn't have mattered since I likely won't have the means to pull the trigger on much more than fuel until the end of April.

Apex has the 18x10s available again and should be shipping the first part of April. Ask me how I know. :D

I've been to gingerman and to autobahn CC with previous cars of mine but I haven't been to any at all with the mustang yet.

But yes, Road America is relatively near and Blackhawk Farms is even closer. Haven't been to Road America but I have been to Blackhawk with a friend of mine in his Mini Cooper.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Very cool. I grew up about 30 miles south of Chicago; never had money or a car worth taking to the track when I lived out there, however. I've been to Gingerman once with Viper Days and that was cool.

@TMSBOSS hello neighbor! Haha

Yes I've considered tracking it but I just purchased it last summer and my free time was really tied up with bachelor parties and weddings in 2016 so it wasn't a good year for getting out to events. Wasn't able to make it to any, not even a Sunday autocross.

I have been to Blackhawk farms twice, just not in any of my own cars.

Admittedly, my track experience is very low. It's something I've always been interested in but have only recently begun being able to afford to consider it.

TMO Supporting Vendors