The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Member Introductions

Budget Boss said:
Just join the forum. I have been coming here and reading for sometime. I have a 2013 Mustang GT with Track package, which is becoming a dedicated track car. Look forward to learning even more from this forum. Here are a list of my mods:

Whiteline Watts link
Whiteline F&R sway bars
Whiteline relocation brackets
White LCA and New upgraded UCA (I broke the older one in turn 10 at ECR last Nov. during the NASA event)
AST 4150s with hyperco spring and Vorshlag CC plates
Vorshalg SS brake lines
Magnaflow exhaust
MGW shifter
Boss LS front splitter
Boss Trans cooler
Boss rear diffuser
Boss rear seat delete
Boss LS brake cooling ducts
Boss LS gauges
Maximum Motorsports roll bar
Cobra seats (Driver side Suzuka and passenger side Imola)with G Force 6 point harness
Forgestar F14s 18x10s and 18x11s
ARP wheel studs
Brake pads are Hawk DTC60 front and HT10 rear. Spares are Carbotech XP16 front and XP12 rears

The car weighs 3513lbs without driver. Would like to get it down to 3300lbs with driver in the future.

Edit: Forgot to mention that someone called my car a Budget Boss, so I went with that theme.
Welcome to BMO and I like the ID. Usually we help spend OPM but from the looks of it you've already outspent most of us. ;D If you're going to one of the 50th Birthday parties think about joining one of our parking corrals at the event.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

You can do 3300lbs with driver, but you're not going to have a street car anymore at that point.
My race car is 3475 with driver and I haven't gotten too hardcore about weight reduction simply due to class power-to-weight limits. At this point any further reduction is just $$$$$$.

ArizonaBOSS said:
You can do 3300lbs with driver, but you're not going to have a street car anymore at that point.
My race car is 3475 with driver and I haven't gotten too hardcore about weight reduction simply due to class power-to-weight limits. At this point any further reduction is just $$$$$$.

I am assuming that your running in AI. So, that would mean 9:1 weight/HP and 9:1 weight/Tq. My idea is to have the WHP at 365 and torque at 365 with a car weight of 3300lbs. The stock engine I have with the Ford tune should be about 380 WHP. I figured I could get a tune that would give me what I am looking for. The idea is to try and make light so it will be easier on brakes, rotors, and tires. Also, I want to run 275s in TT3 first before I go W2W. By running 275s I don't get hit by having to add weight to the car. Although if I have to add weight I can at least make the car 50/50. I have been looking at your build thread and I plan on doing something very similar to jump into TT3.

Also, I had three events in a row were the car broke down. After this I purchased an enclosed trailer for the car, so this car will probably never see the street again.

Edit: From your Build thread you are ST2/GTR. Is that the same power/weight ratio as NASA TT2?

Tulsa, OK

Budget Boss said:
Just join the forum. I have been coming here and reading for sometime. I have a 2013 Mustang GT with Track package, which is becoming a dedicated track car. Look forward to learning even more from this forum. Here are a list of my mods:

Whiteline Watts link
Whiteline F&R sway bars
Whiteline relocation brackets
White LCA and New upgraded UCA (I broke the older one in turn 10 at ECR last Nov. during the NASA event)
AST 4150s with hyperco spring and Vorshlag CC plates
Vorshalg SS brake lines
Magnaflow exhaust
MGW shifter
Boss LS front splitter
Boss Trans cooler
Boss rear diffuser
Boss rear seat delete
Boss LS brake cooling ducts
Boss LS gauges
Maximum Motorsports roll bar
Cobra seats (Driver side Suzuka and passenger side Imola)with G Force 6 point harness
Forgestar F14s 18x10s and 18x11s
ARP wheel studs
Brake pads are Hawk DTC60 front and HT10 rear. Spares are Carbotech XP16 front and XP12 rears

The car weighs 3513lbs without driver. Would like to get it down to 3300lbs with driver in the future.

Edit: Forgot to mention that someone called my car a Budget Boss, so I went with that theme.

Welcome! Great looking ride and an impressive mod list 8) We'll have to meet up down at TWS here in a couple months.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Budget Boss said:
Edit: From your Build thread you are ST2/GTR. Is that the same power/weight ratio as NASA TT2?

Yeah the power-to-weight calculation is the same. I run 305/645 P-Zero slick take offs so that bumps me down to 8.06 if I finish with 3/4 tank of fuel to keep me just barely above 3500 race weight.

You might want to check out these guys' build, they are running AI around the same power and weight you're looking at:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qspn0XkiiYE[/youtube]

https://www.facebook.com/agent47honeybadger

BOSS343 said:
Welcome to BMO Simon! You sure picked the right place! Nice to see you ain't new to this addiction. Haha. You will find superb information on this forum and as I have said before great and knowledgeable folks. I am not one of them.

Oh- I think you know more than you're letting on ! Thanks for the PM's btw.

Best news is : Picked up the car today :D
Nearly 100 miles home, yet first thing I did when I got home was.... go out for a ride !!
loving the electric cut outs & track key... :D

Hello everyone, my name is Patrik, I live in Switzerland and in December a bought a used ingot silver Boss 302 Laguna Seca (LS048) with about 6000 miles on it here in Switzerland. It is in perfect condition, came even with owners package (only DVD was missing) and installed Track Key. Unfortunately except picking up the car from the dealer beginning of December I haven't driven it at all due to winter weather and salty roads. So at least I had enough time the last two months to thoroughly detail and wax the car. In addition I did some mods (mounting hood lifts, oil separator, Roush side splitters, carbon fiber mud guards front and back, 302S grille, GT500 mufflers. 3/4 exhaust baffles). More mods probably will follow after some driving.

I'm a car guy all my life having owned a 911, M3, M5 and two Vipers (GTS and a SRT-10). End of 2010 I sold my SRT-10 and got bitten by the Mustang bug. I bought a GT convertible and a GT500. The GT500 I traded in last summer for a new 2013 GT500, which is a blast. After all these other cars I really fell in love with my Mustangs, they are not the fastest but they have character, make the most fun driving and have the best sound of all cars I have ever owned. So I wanted to expand and complete my Mustang collection with a Boss 302 Laguna Seca. Especially because of its known great handling and the special things like quad-exhausts and track key, I just couldn't resist it. And that it has only 151 silver ones helped as well for my final decision to buy it.
Now I'm very much looking forward to spring to finally drive and get to know the Boss LS. Planning also to attend some track days here in Europe this year.

I'd like to thank all of you, moderators and members, for making such an excellent forum - it is a great source of knowledge and it was a great help to finalize my decision on buying a Boss as well as getting more information about tech stuff, modding and track use.

Patrik, I'm glad you got your BOSS LS and are getting it modded to your liking. You should post up what you do for a living and a link to your business as I'm sure other members participate in the two wheel sport as well. :) Oh and be sure to post up photos of your LS and other cars.

You might find this helpful.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=212.0

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!

Wow, I'm starting to believe all the stories about secret Swiss bank accounts! I'm just messing with you guys. Welcome all and if there are enough Swiss owners one of y'all will let me drive your car next time I visit your beautiful country. Drive safely. ;D

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

Hi Patrik:
Congratulations on the purchase of your 2012 Boss 302LS, you made a great choice as it is a very limited production car. The Boss will be a great ambassador of American muscle cars in Europe. Welcome to the BossMustangOnline Forum, you'll find this forum to be a great resource in learning all aspects of your new Boss.
All the Best,
302 Hi Pro

buland

One of the rare Boss LS in Switzerland

Hello Patrik

Congrats to the LS. Have Fun.

Greetings from Bern.

PS. Vielleicht sehen wir uns ja einmal an einem Treffen oder so ;)

NFSBOSS said:
Patrik, I'm glad you got your BOSS LS and are getting it modded to your liking. You should post up what you do for a living and a link to your business as I'm sure other members participate in the two wheel sport as well. :) Oh and be sure to post up photos of your LS and other cars.

Hi again, thanks for the warm welcome. As Rick suggested here is some more info about what I do and my business:
I work in the motorcycle business and own a motorcycle gear/clothing and accessories store called 3W Motosport http://www.3w-motosport.ch/3W-Motosport/News.php. It's located about 15 miles from Zuerich. In addition to the retail store we are Swiss distributor for a few brands of motorcycle parts. Our biggest brand are Ohlins suspension products (for motorcycles only) and some off-road accessories like Renthal (handlebars, chain wheels) and Twin Air (filters).
In my teens I rode Moto-Cross, then from my twenties on the street and on race tracks with a ZXR 750 Superbike (just track days no real racing). Now I'm just riding on the street once in a while with my actual bike a KTM 990 Supermoto. The last two years I prefered to drive my Mustangs ;)

PS to buland: würde mich freuen, Dich bei einem Treffen kennenzulernen, sollten uns ja mit den gut sichtbaren LS nicht verfehlen ;)

Finally here are some pictures of my cars:
IMG_0058_zps6a35f1cc.jpg
IMG_2378_zps23ed88be.jpg
IMG_2486_zps58b5b650.jpg
IMG_2500_zps4b3b1ebd.jpg
interior_zps6ac234a2.jpg
Inside with silver painted console/center panel, window switch plates and special shift knob

BOSS343 said:
Apparently I must live under a rock. But I am known to be oblivious to a car owners gender. I. Love. Cars. Nuff said.

You are not living under a rock. Female Boss owners do not grow on trees. but they are out there. When I called to make my day at the BTA the guy told me that he only knows of a hand full of women who have come through there. Women love to drive fast muscle cars too....

Hello all! My name is Matt and I'm addicted to Mustangs. I'm 25 years old and live in Illinois. A few months ago in May '13, I traded in my first car, an 06 Mustang V6 Convertible, to buy my '12 Kona Blue Boss 302. I purchased my Boss used with only 85 miles on it. Between May and November, I drove the Boss as much as possible and ended up putting 7,000 miles on it. The Boss is a pleasure to drive and I drive it as often as I can. So far the Boss is all stock, but it will have some bolt-ons installed before Spring is officially here. Along with the Boss, I also own a 90 LX hatchback and an 88 GT.

Here is a picture of the Boss parked next to my 06 that was traded in:
IMG_20130504_180305_355.jpg

Here are a couple pictures of my '90:
14a3bff6-3e36-4cbb-a12d-b8e88f8b2930.jpg

DSC02612.jpg

Here is a pic of my '88:
2012-10-02_17-23-21_HDR.jpg

Here are a couple pics of the Boss:
2013-07-23_20-14-18_HDR.jpg

2013-07-23_20-22-26_HDR.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors