The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Re: Member Introductions

Hi guys, I'm Rob... new to BMO
First thanks to Pete,Gary and Steve for takin time to answer some suspension questions....thanks.
The car in the vid is an 11 gt500(Not a Boss,sorry) but makin her handle like one. Mods are FR3 handling
Pak and full BMR rear suspension. Just installed stock FCA with poly bushings installed,tightened up the front
nicely. This is my fourth mustang(86gt,92 notch,93 cobra) and by far the best mustang so far.
Thanks again guys Rob

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

LikeABauce302 said:
Thanks! I'm happy to be a member here. I've browsed the forums a little bit and this place appears to be a wealth of info!

Matt

Welcome. Nice stable of Mustangs.

The track pictured above, Great Lakes?

I also have Kona Blue Boss in northern Illinois. Will be at Blackhawk in May and June.

Cobrarob said:
Hi guys, I'm Rob... new to BMO
First thanks to Pete,Gary and Steve for takin time to answer some suspension questions....thanks.
The car in the vid is an 11 gt500(Not a Boss,sorry) but makin her handle like one. Mods are FR3 handling
Pak and full BMR rear suspension. Just installed stock FCA with poly bushings installed,tightened up the front
nicely. This is my fourth mustang(86gt,92 notch,93 cobra) and by far the best mustang so far.
Thanks again guys Rob
Welcome to BMO Rob. No need to apologize we love all Mustangs here :D. I just traded my 07 GT500 to be used on the GT350 whenever it comes available. Turning an 11 GT500 into a corner carver is a great proposition with that aluminum block up front.

BOSS343

Theory of 1

LadyBoss said:
You are not living under a rock. Female Boss owners do not grow on trees. but they are out there. When I called to make my day at the BTA the guy told me that he only knows of a hand full of women who have come through there. Women love to drive fast muscle cars too....

o_O where? Cuz in Illinois its lifted diesel trucks that get all the attention. Yup lifted on 22" rims and low pro tires....yea. Read that once more because it is most certainly true...and hard to believe.

Regardless! Glad to have ye aboard! Tis neat to see theres a female fan club and drivers out there too!

BOSS343 said:
o_O where? Cuz in Illinois its lifted diesel trucks that get all the attention. Yup lifted on 22" rims and low pro tires....yea. Read that once more because it is most certainly true...and hard to believe.

Regardless! Glad to have ye aboard! Tis neat to see theres a female fan club and drivers out there too!
Lifted diesel trucks on 22" rims...WTH! Remind me not to move there...I would never blend.

TMSBOSS said:
Matt

Welcome. Nice stable of Mustangs.

The track pictured above, Great Lakes?

I also have Kona Blue Boss in northern Illinois. Will be at Blackhawk in May and June.

Thanks!

That picture of my LX was at Byron. I'm in the Chicago suburbs. I don't think I'll have my Boss on the road course this year. I may autocross it a little bit with Windy City Miata Club and it may make a some passes at the drag strip.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois

LikeABauce302 said:
Thanks!

That picture of my LX was at Byron. I'm in the Chicago suburbs. I don't think I'll have my Boss on the road course this year. I may autocross it a little bit with Windy City Miata Club and it may make a some passes at the drag strip.

Byron??? I am in Steward. 30 minutes away.

I live closer to Chicago. I'm about an hour and a half away from Byron. For any of the people in Northern Illinois, check out Chicagolandmustang.com. We've got a pretty large local group that has gatherings, track days, cruise nights, etc. throughout the summer. It would be nice to meet some other Boss owners in the area.

Hello BMO!
My name is Paul and I've been lurking for the past couple months here and just recently bought a 2013 Boss LS #627 in black with 1700 miles from a guy in Southern California. Picked her up on April 15th and towed her home about 400 miles north to the Central Coast of California. I'm just south of San Luis Obispo.
This is my third black Mustang I've owned in my life. My first Mustang was a black 1985 GT 5.0 with t-tops. I bought that car slightly used with only 12,000 miles and I was 18. I loved that car and drove the hell out of her and kept her in great condition. My second black Mustang was a 1993 SVT Mustang Cobra and I bought her new and traded in the 'ol GT.
I kept the Cobra until 2000 when I got married and sold her to buy our first house. I was sad, but had a feeling that someday I would again have a Mustang. My new LS is amazing and she is bad ass. My other Mustangs didn't even hold a candle to this one.
I just went to the Fabulous Fords Forever show in Buena Park and had Parnelli Jones sign my Boss book from the Boss kit and also bought his new book which he also signed. Great guy and easy to talk to.
Anyway, just wanted to say hello. I've also been over to that other Boss forum and been trying to learn as much as I can from all.

Paul

Hi all,

I'm Graeme from Calgary , Canada. I've just recently purchased a pre-owned 2012 Boss in Performance White after finally caving in this spring. I was going to try to wait for the 2015 GT..... but I couldn't wait any longer. When she came up in the AutoTrader locally, I had to have it. The driving season for sports cars is SOOO short in Calgary, it was now or never!. She's my first Mustang, and maybe one day my sons first too. After he prys the keys out of my dead hands!

Its a bit unusual w/o the stripe package - there was some debate on this as it may have been ordered this way from the factory ( the window sticker does mention the Stripe Delete under options, but it had a bang on its car history, and some say they just never bothered replacing...).

Currently, I'm planning on ordering the TracKey, not that we have a track up here (yet), but just to have it for fun on the street. Its already a blast surprising waaay more expensive cars here on the street, I can't imagine how much better it will be.

This site is fantastic, and I'm really proud to be part of this whole experience!

Here's some of my latest pics....

60334D68-7B86-44DF-A67B-C97C779AF9AD.jpg

D3A74AFB-B809-436E-BC67-4394BF2586D4.jpg

Graeme, congratulations on picking that Boss. Enjoy the ride!

2011 brembo 5.0. Tastelessly modified.. My name is Mark. I have a part/track addiction.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Hey guys, I've got a 2012 Boss LS in black/red. I love the car. Still working on modifying it. Been a member on here for a while but have just been lurking until recently.

I also have a 2003 Mach 1 which is my daily driver when I'm not on my Triumph Tiger 800. I've also got a 67 coupe (first car I ever actually owned) which is where my handle comes from... guess what ? Its still a rust bucket but I love it too.

Rusty67 said:
Hey guys, I've got a 2012 Boss LS in black/red. I love the car. Still working on modifying it. Been a member on here for a while but have just been lurking until recently.

I also have a 2003 Mach 1 which is my daily driver when I'm not on my Triumph Tiger 800. I've also got a 67 coupe (first car I ever actually owned) which is where my handle comes from... guess what ? Its still a rust bucket but I love it too.
Welcome. Be sure to post photos of your other vehicles including your motorcycle.

Hey y'all. My name is Chip, and I am from Huntsville, AL. I just stumbled across this site from another Mustang forum, S197forum.com. I am a member of several other Mustang boards, but most active on S197, and a little bit on SVTPerformance. I am always looking for parts, so I will be frequenting the classifieds section :) This site looks to be a great one, even though I don't own a Boss. My current ride is a '13 GT 6M base, with some suspension and cosmetic mods. It's my daily driver, but I also use it for car shows/cruise ins, autocross, and I recently did my first track day in the Mustang at Atlanta Motor Speedway. I also have a Miata that I bought for track duty, but I had so much fun driving the 'Stang on track, the Miata may be going on Craigslist in the near future. LOL

I am a graduate of Auburn University, so I am a big Auburn football fan. And other than motorsports, college football is about the only other sport that I follow. I am married to my wife of almost four years, and I have two dogs (she has two cats lol).

Anyway, good to be here. Here are a couple of pics of the Stang in action last wekend at AMS.

tAtlantaMotorSpeedwayMotorSportMedia44_zpsa4426ff2.jpg

tAtlantaMotorSpeedwayMotorSportMedia38_zpsaf49e2c3.jpg

tAtlantaMotorSpeedwayMotorSportMedia24_zpsc65b7ff3.jpg

GA
Hey Chip,

It was great meeting you and your wife Saturday at AMS. That was such a great day, even though a couple of incidents cut down on our track time. I hope you two are enjoying her new vert!

Take care,
Ken

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel