The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Member Introductions - Introduce Yourself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey gang, another new Boss owner, this time from the Great NW. Just got my '13 Boss delivered today, LS607, SBY and since it was dealer owned til I bought it technically I'll end up the first registered owner (for what that's worth). Signed up a couple weeks ago, but didn't figure it made sense to post til I had the car in hand.
post-14994-0-91257300-1418079074.jpg

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Uncle Bob said:
Hey gang, another new Boss owner, this time from the Great NW. Just got my '13 Boss delivered today, LS607, SBY and since it was dealer owned til I bought it technically I'll end up the first registered owner (for what that's worth). Signed up a couple weeks ago, but didn't figure it made sense to post til I had the car in hand.

Congrats, welcome and for what it's worth if you are the first registered owner you might have a brand new warranty starting on the day you took delivery?

Uncle Bob said:
Congratulations and welcome to BMO. Be sure and post photos of your new BOSS!

NFSBOSS said:
Congratulations and welcome to BMO. Be sure and post photos of your new BOSS!

Thanks for the request. I tried to do that when I first entered the message but it looked like this site only accepts hosted images rather than from hard drive files (I could be wrong, but that's all I could figure out). So I figured out how to snag the image string from another Boss site I'd posted to and added it to the original post. Thanks again.

four-walling said:
Congrats, welcome and for what it's worth if you are the first registered owner you might have a brand new warranty starting on the day you took delivery?

Hmmmm, hadn't thought of that, thanks. I'll have to look into that.

Hello All. I'm Paul from Colorado and I don't currently own a Boss. I did however, own a new '69 Boss back in the day. Yes, I wish I had kept it and if you want to kick me, get in line. :) I'm contemplating purchase of a '12 or a '13. Any advice or tips anyone would care to offer as I look around would be most appreciated. I've heard there can be transmission issues (?). My last couple of performance cars were a Lexus IS-F and an Audi RS-5. I'm currently driving an Audi SQ5 (yeah, I know....).

Nice to make everyone's acquaintance!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Lavosier said:
Hello All. I'm Paul from Colorado and I don't currently own a Boss. I did however, own a new '69 Boss back in the day. Yes, I wish I had kept it and if you want to kick me, get in line. :) I'm contemplating purchase of a '12 or a '13. Any advice or tips anyone would care to offer as I look around would be most appreciated. I've heard there can be transmission issues (?). My last couple of performance cars were a Lexus IS-F and an Audi RS-5. I'm currently driving an Audi SQ5 (yeah, I know....).

Paul

Welcome

Very few differences between the 12 and 13. Sync and new grill and hood for 13. If you Need hands free cell use, only the 13 has this. It can be added with aftermarket parts to the 12.

There were shifting issues with both the 12 and 13s. Shifter, trans lube and clutch replacements, depending upon what problems you had fixed most issues.

I have the 12 so I am a bit biased to that year. Either year is a great choice.

Enjoy your search.

I sold my 1968 big block Vette when I got married. I feel your pain..

As TMS says, SYNC and grill, and I'd add the LED lighting. As a former '69 owner I'd think that might push you toward the '12 as it roughly emulates that year just as the '13 does the '70, but then maybe your tastes have evolved. Personally I favored the '70 over the '69 for some very slight styling cues. Likewise the '13 vs '12. The paint themes on the '12 are a bit brash to my personal tastes, but are like catnip to others. Many would envy your choice though.................how could you lose?

Lavosier said:

Welcome to BMO. Search around and you will find many threads on the transmission issues. IMO the clutch is the biggest problem especially if you track your car or plan on doing redline shifts. Overall the transmission is no more fragile than most others so to me it's a clutch problem not a transmission problem.

OOOOO

2012 Race Red #2035
New guy here. I just bought a 12 Boss, Race red #2035. Scoured the internet and after looking at about 10 or so, i found this one in Costa Mesa, CA. with 1750 miles on it. Really clean car, previous owner included all the paperwork, track key etc... My son and I drove out and picked it up. Figured it needed some miles on it so drove it back to Phoenix where I live. Stopped and picked up 2 rolls of blue tape, wrapped the nose and headed home. Gonna mod it and enjoy. here are a few pics. Glad I found this site, lots of good info. Thanks, Tommy
First fuel stop
IMG_6160.jpg
Parked by my son's SupraIMG_6152.jpg
Adding blue tape for the road trip
IMG_6144.jpg
Got a pic of the speedo on my son's b-dayIMG_6148.jpg

OOOOO

2012 Race Red #2035
cobrakidz said:
Nice looking--congrats. maybe I will see you driving around in Az this week - I am heading to the auctions.

Thanks. We'll be at Barrett/Jackson this week. Trying to decide what day to go.

Hey guys. I'm not new here but I've been inactive for quite some time so I thought u would reintroduce myself. I had a 13 SBY Boss but received PCS orders, I'm active duty military, to a place that is not conducive to cars that like to turn. Well I've been too long without a track car and now that the GT350 has been announced, I secured an allotment with a dealer in Dallas. I'm #3 on the list so it won't arrive anytime soon but I will do my best to be patient. Thanks for all the info being posted.

I picked up this super fine 2013 Boss 302 LS # 056
School Bus Yellow
Track Key
327 Miles

Also picked up but not installed;
Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates
Oil breather can
MGW Shifter
Auto-Blip (I installed it last week)
Also has Premium Care 84 month, 36000 mile warranty. Details also call is "Ford ESP Program" with a Plan Expiration date of 07/05/2019 and mileage of 36,150. With a standard $100 deductible.

Although I am primarily a fox body fan, I couldn't pass up this deal as it was almost 20% below the sticker price on the car. Condition of car is everything you would expect from a 327 mile car...brand new.

Plans are to get some miles on the car (just about at 1000) so we can track the car a bit. Car already has the brake ducts and trans cooler installed. I have the big front splitter new in the box. Lots of good info on this forum. I spent a couple hours last night looking around. Bookmarked!

My other current cars include 1984 SVO, 1986 SVO (driver), 1986 SVO (rustang), 1986 SVO (race car), 2002 F350 7.3 PSD Crew DRW, 2003 Excursion Limited 7.3 PSD, 2005 Acura TL.
Recent past cars 1993 Cobra and 2004 Z06 (sold to get the Boss), 1969 Mach1 428CJ.

ParkingGarage4.jpg
ParkingGarage3.jpg
ParkingGarage2.jpg
Day1AtHome.jpg

Here is the Boss next to the Cobra I had to sell to get the Boss.
IMG_26511.jpg

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
vrinner said:
I picked up this super fine 2013 Boss 302 LS # 056
School Bus Yellow
Track Key
327 Miles

Also picked up but not installed;
Maximum Motorsports caster camber plates
Oil breather can
MGW Shifter
Auto-Blip (I installed it last week)
Also has Premium Care 84 month, 36000 mile warranty. Details also call is "Ford ESP Program" with a Plan Expiration date of 07/05/2019 and mileage of 36,150. With a standard $100 deductible.

Although I am primarily a fox body fan, I couldn't pass up this deal as it was almost 20% below the sticker price on the car. Condition of car is everything you would expect from a 327 mile car...brand new.

Plans are to get some miles on the car (just about at 1000) so we can track the car a bit. Car already has the brake ducts and trans cooler installed. I have the big front splitter new in the box. Lots of good info on this forum. I spent a couple hours last night looking around. Bookmarked!

My other current cars include 1984 SVO, 1986 SVO (driver), 1986 SVO (rustang), 1986 SVO (race car), 2002 F350 7.3 PSD Crew DRW, 2003 Excursion Limited 7.3 PSD, 2005 Acura TL.
Recent past cars 1993 Cobra and 2004 Z06 (sold to get the Boss), 1969 Mach1 428CJ.

ParkingGarage4.jpg
ParkingGarage3.jpg
ParkingGarage2.jpg
Day1AtHome.jpg

Here is the Boss next to the Cobra I had to sell to get the Boss.
IMG_26511.jpg

Beautiful! Congrats! I would also like to see a pic of the 1969 428 too.

Brian

TMO Supporting Vendors