The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MGW shifter install in orlando

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
you are way off
376898_468922646473645_812653357_n.jpg

545887_468922703140306_223769040_n.jpg

226181_468922736473636_1446642212_n.jpg

557400_468922803140296_663316773_n.jpg

539278_468922849806958_590877972_n.jpg

556419_468922966473613_1802157434_n.jpg

Justin

Your shaft is most def on upside down...

so you would use the regular nut and lock washer and washer at the bottom to hold the shaft to the shifter. so run the nut up the bottom of the shaft then put the split washer on then the flat washer. screw shaft into shifter till it stops. then tight clockwise this locks the shaft in place to the shifter. Then put rubber washer on. then shift boot. Run the deluxe jam nut all the way down hex side up. then put the other split washer on top then screw on knob till it stops. then back it up till the gear pattern is where you want it. then hold the knob still and using a 19mm wrench turn the deluxe jam nut counter clock wise till tight. this locks the knob in place.

Ok, that makes better sense, I redid it and here is what it looks like now...

I guess I didn't catch all that from the Video, course they didn't show a Custom Ball going on, so that might have threw me off a bit... Regardless its fixed now thanks to you guys! I appreciate it!

MGWFinal.jpg

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Now that you got that straightened out, what do you think of the shifter? Do you notice added noise?

I have not noticed any added noise yet, and the shifter is SMOOTH... way better than the stock shifter... and the Reverse Lockout is guaranteed unlike the Stock Shifter... I haven't done any High RPM shifts yet to see if the gear Lockouts happen like they did with the Stock Shifter, but I will try to get some seat time later this weekend...

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Glad to hear you finally got it all straightened out. The 2 guys who drove my car that have the most experience were really revving the engine hard, near 7k RPM when they experienced the 3rd gear lockout. I don't run my Boss that hard where I'm regularly shifting up in that range, typically for me it's any where between 3500-6000, depending on the gear, back road, highway on ramp, etc...

ace72ace said:
Glad to hear you finally got it all straightened out. The 2 guys who drove my car that have the most experience were really revving the engine hard, near 7k RPM when they experienced the 3rd gear lockout. I don't run my Boss that hard where I'm regularly shifting up in that range, typically for me it's any where between 3500-6000, depending on the gear, back road, highway on ramp, etc...
Was that with the MGW installed?

You guys should to go out and bounce your engines off the rev limiter soon. Most of the real fun happens above 6,000 RPM's although it happens real fast. I promise you won't hurt 'em. ;)

Justin

5 DOT 0 said:
ace72ace said:
Was that with the MGW installed?

You guys should to go out and bounce your engines off the rev limiter soon. Most of the real fun happens above 6,000 RPM's although it happens real fast. I promise you won't hurt 'em. ;)
I get the lock out and pedal stuck to the floor all the time above 7300. its getting to the point that I dont want to rev the engine anymore. instead of headers I may be getting me a centerforce DYAD then take a hammer to the stock clutch then pour gasoline on it and set it ablaze.....can you tell I hate that f'ing clutch?

TMO Supporting Vendors