The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Modern Classic Insurance...FYI

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In an attempt to try and figure out why the insurance on my new Juke was $25 higher than my Boss 302 and 71 AMC Matador combined, my agent suggested insuring the Boss as a modern classic.

Filled out a detailed options list, including all of my performance, aftermarket and audio upgrades. Full replacement value up to $48,000 to cover the cost to replace the car and my mods. All I needed was a signature from someone in the car world knowledgeable about values of our Boss and the mods I made. My agents good friend is the head of sales at a Ford dealership, done.

My monthly premium went from $112 for the two cars per month to $83. A $29 savings, not too shabby.

As for the Juke, switched it to my wife with me as an alternate driver and it went from $137 to $86. I don't get it?

Fastfordnut said:
Another option is to go with one of the classic insurers like Parrish Heacock.
In MA my Boss alone is $950/yr.
Insured as an "exotic" I was able to insure My 49 Chevy PU & the Boss for $750/yr

My comprehensive insurance with Commerce is around 1k, never heard of Parrish Heacock, definitely going to check it out, thanks!

Man I'm gonna have to check these out! Do they have limits on mileage since it's a "modern classic" or "exotic"? Gonna try and get a couple of quotes.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
Darth Boss said:
In an attempt to try and figure out why the insurance on my new Juke was $25 higher than my Boss 302 and 71 AMC Matador combined, my agent suggested insuring the Boss as a modern classic.

Wonder what it is about a Juke that makes it so expensive to insure?

WinterSucks said:
My comprehensive insurance with Commerce is around 1k, never heard of Parrish Heacock, definitely going to check it out, thanks!

I'm in MA and use commerce. I'm about $450 for my BOSS. I do have a $1k deductible though and home + 3 other cars insured. Most likely helps.

Cobra700 said:
Man I'm gonna have to check these out! Do they have limits on mileage since it's a "modern classic" or "exotic"? Gonna try and get a couple of quotes.
They asked how many miles driven per year, garage, anti-theft etc but I was not told of any limit.
I'm sure more miles = more premium.
I estimated 3500 and it is stored in a locked garage.

Cobra700 said:

I have no limits on driving.

four-walling said:
Wonder what it is about a Juke that makes it so expensive to insure?

There's a lot of unique body parts but really? The part that still makes no sense is that it was a 2nd car on my policy. Why would it be more expensive as a 2nd car but a lot cheaper as the only car on my wife's policy? Very strange.

WinterSucks said:
My insurance told me that even though it's just me and my wife for three cars the still charge liability for each vehicle.

Mcnride insurance in Billerica. One treble cove road. They rep commerce. Call them up. I'm at 450 per year for a boss.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel