The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My "cool" dealer just went to crap on my list! Wtf.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well I just went to my dealer to try and get an oil consumption test done since she's been burning oil since day 1 and am just sick of it now. About 1 quart every 2000-2500mi.
Well I just got so much crap about how since its "modified" Ford won't approve anything blah blah blah.....the Ford engineer will come out and as soon as he pops the hood will say nope. So what is so "modified"? Perhaps twin turbos with a CJ intake? Uh.....no. All this huge deal about my Peterson breather can!!!!! WTF.
Sorry, just got home and ranting.....ugh.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
A couple of things.

1. Ford has a TSB about engine failures and its intent is to deny engine failure claims primarily to aftermarket tunes, but even CAI systems are reason to deny. Back when it was published, we didn't have many if any non-tune CAI's as we do today.

2. Your Peterson setup actually helps to reduce oil consumption thru the PCV system. Oil consumption might be worse without it.

3. Unfortunately, the Peterson setup alters the emissions system of your vehicle and any Ford dealer can not work on your car with it installed. Cause for EPA fine. This is a federal emissions mandate.

Remove the Peterson and return to the Dealer.

Good luck,
Dave
302 HP

302 Hi Pro said:
Remove the Peterson and return to the Dealer.
This. It only takes a few minutes to swap them out.

Yeah thanks guys. Was just a lil hot about that. Also think the tech didn't feel like working on a Saturday. Yes it'll take a few minutes to swap. Just surprised how confrontational they got being she's been there many times before with out any issues, only compliments ;D

Guess I'll "stock" her out and take her to the dealer. Just worried they might say they'll be swapping in a new motor or something. Thanks again.

TMO Supporting Vendors