The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Considering selling my 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am considering selling my 2012 Boss. It was my retirement trophy and I have enjoyed it but time and some health issues with RA have me thinking its best to move on. I would like opinions on reasonable expectation of value. I have to get pictures updated if I choose to post here.

Basic info :
2012 Yellow Blaze Build # 479
Recaro package/Torsion
Factory Cover
Owners Kit/Window sticker
Current milage 42,550. Obviously not a daily

Occasional HPDE use not abuse.
Service history : (DIY)
Oil Mobile 5w-50 / Filter changed every 4 months.
Dif/Trans fluids changed every 10k.
Rear shocks replaced at 35k (leaking)
Factory Cats replaced last year with O2's (Below threshold CEL)
Plugs replaced at 25k

Mods: Ford Racing "P" springs Rear LCA's and mount brackets/ adjustable track bar.
One piece Ford alum drive shaft installed at about 30k due to center bearing noisy.
MGW shifter (std height)
Shelby standalone clutch resv.
LS Trans cooling scoop
GT500 rear disc mod.
Front disc replaced last year.
Hawk HPS for street /HT-10 for DE's
Brake Fluid changed before every 6 months or before DE's
Auto Blip installed last year.

Clear Bra 3M film on nose
Tow hook installed.
Extra set of factory floor mats never used and also a factory wheel /tire as spare (never on car)
Have 18" LS knock off wheels with RS-4's for DE's, on track twice and one of which was cold & wet don't think that was much of a heat cycle, still look new.

Isssues: Factory A/C comp replaced this spring.
Some Curb hash on two wheels, fixable
Front splitter removed. I replaced it once and road trash took out replacement also.
Side pipes removed, have them on the shelf.
Couple of small scratches on rear bumper (garage door I think ?)
Small scratch on lower rocker area in front of rear wheel from something? Touch up paint

So open to and would appreciate opinions, located in Fort Worth Tx
Thanks

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Actually KBB can be higher than some values as they are often better establishing special models like the Boss 302. Look at prices with Caravana, Carmax , as they will give you various ideas also. At present values have fallen and that is pretty much across the board regardless of make. We have gone from a shortage of vehicles on the Used Market to quite a few and high Interest rates. Not trying to be negative , just realistic as the changes from this Spring to now are somewhat dramatic.

Good luck and yo probably might want to get another splitter , but some reconditioning will be required to get optimal dollar. If you have an extra set of wheels you might put them back on.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You are probably in the right ballpark, since your honest assessment of the issues with your car would put in a good range, not very good or excellent. The color, I feel , will probably be a bonus to some, as it is quite rare.

Dave, You should get $25K for your Boss all day long!!!!!!!!...Yellow Blaze is in a class of its own!!!!!!!!!......My CO Boss is too, but that's another story..........If it was doable, I'd buy your Baby!!

Last edited:
Man, if I didn't have a kid in college and some medical stuff coming this year that's going to cost a lot out of pocket (cataracts, at fricken 52) I'd be on the way to Dallas to get this. I am wanting a toy car that is streetable nand love the Bosses

DaveW

A Yellow Blaze with all that stuff............I'd hold out for $30K........at least!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......I'd sell my CO for that, but my Son would kill me..............................

Last edited:
KBB/Edmonds avg value of 28k high to 19500 low. I'm thinking 25 would be spot on
Too bad I’m not in the market now. $28 seems $5k low. Admittedly I am gaging my comment on a Spring ‘23 purchase of a ‘14 GT. Bill has pointed out the used market has softened, but it is a Boss with reasonable mileage and use. You are the original owner?

TMO Supporting Vendors