The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

My second track day and my addiction problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had my second track day as a novice on Wednesday at Blackhawk Farms in South Beloit Illinois. What a nice group of people and a pleasant environment. You can stop and talk to anyone about their car. After my first track day I bought and installed the Auto Blip in my car. It worked awesome. My instructor even liked it. It definately improved my times with knowing I could keep my full foot on the brake going into the corners. My favorite new sign is the one the driver in front of you gives to pass him on the right. Of course no one was racing, this is purely for fun and instruction. In my last session I also had the rear differential overheat light come on. I will be changing to the 75-140 shortly. I also wonder if the fact that I used Sport mode instead of Track mode had an issue. I am not sure how my performance pack differential works, but if it has clutches in it and the stability control is always playing with the brakes, it might put additional stress on the oil in the form of heat. A local dealer of ours has a 2016 Shelby 350 with the track pack for sale for $59K, hmmmmmmm. I think for overall maintenance costs and this being my main car, I better keep mine. I am looking at adding the Boss Quad side pipes to it, it would be nice to be a little louder.
My speed addiction continues as I bought a 2013 Kawasaki ZX14 that I hope to take to "Flying Mile" speed events. Only thing holding me back there is that I would look like the Michelin man in racing leathers. I will be 60 shortly, so remember to do want you want now, never wish you had instead. I am getting a little of a late start.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Peabody87:

Better late than never, right?

Glad to see you out there and getting some wave bys.

Good luck and have fun,
302 Hi Pro

Welcome to TMO and congratulations on your new addiction! ;) The Auto-Blip is my favorite mod and it works great. I see guys well into their 70's at track events so you still have a ways to go. Just make sure you keep yourself in good shape.

FYI cars are much safer than bikes so be careful out there on your crotch rocket.

There is help for your problems! They have meetings regularly and usually call them HPDE or Track Days. Lots of support and everyone is willing to talk about how they are coping with it. :) Right now I am attending the local Lemons meetings.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Peabody87 said:
I had my second track day as a novice on Wednesday at Blackhawk Farms in South Beloit Illinois. What a nice group of people and a pleasant environment. You can stop and talk to anyone about their car. After my first track day I bought and installed the Auto Blip in my car. It worked awesome. My instructor even liked it.

Good to see someone else who likes Running Blackhawk!!! I would have been running last Wednesday except I try to run when my daughter can joint the fun. She is a college student. We run Blackhawk tomorrow with Gridlife. First time for Gridlife at Blackhawk. Should be fun.

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
Yeah. It starts innocently enough. A track day in a street legal Boss. Then some more track days. Then some mods to improve performance. Then some more mods. Then race school. Then sale of modded street Boss 302 to this.... :eek:

https://youtu.be/kqJc_UDBDCI

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel