The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New 1/18 scale diecast models

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2072q15.jpg

here's is some 1/64th scale Boss, the silver, black and maroon are custom hotwheels, the white and red 2012's are the new autoworld release and the white 2013 in the background is a rare majorette version

Jonstang75 said:
2072q15.jpg

here's is some 1/64th scale Boss, the silver, black and maroon are custom hotwheels, the white and red 2012's are the new autoworld release and the white 2013 in the background is a rare majorette version

Where did you get the 2012 decals for the cars...They look great and I want to do one in Yellow Blaze but need the decals.

14wrllc.jpg

I make the decals on my laserjet print using paint.net and clear model car decal sheets. I tried to make a yellow blaze before my printer got low on ink, the black on the stripes wasn't dark enough. I need to get a new ink cartridge. Did you see the silver Laguna Seca in my earlier post, it think it turned out the best.

Jonstang75 said:
14wrllc.jpg

I make the decals on my laserjet print using paint.net and clear model car decal sheets. I tried to make a yellow blaze before my printer got low on ink, the black on the stripes wasn't dark enough. I need to get a new ink cartridge. Did you see the silver Laguna Seca in my earlier post, it think it turned out the best.
OUTSTANDING !!!
Can you give us some more details, please:
1. I assume you photograph a model with the decals (or real car) and resize using paint.net -- right?
2. Any tips on getting the size just right?
3. Where do you get the clear model car decal sheets?
This sounds like just what I need to convert a red Maisto to yellow blaze.
Thanks !!!!
-- Jim

2zokql0.jpg

you will not need paint.net if you use my masters that I made, they are not perfect but pretty close, the clear decals can be found at hobby shops or search ebay for testors clear decals paper ther about 10 bucks for a pack of 6. you can test print on scrap paper tofind the right size you need to print it will ask you 5x7, wallet, 8x10 ect. once you get the size right just insert your decal paper and print. Let the decal dry for about 30 minutes and spray the decal with clear acrylic paint and let dry for about an hour, then cut the decal as close as you can to the stripe it doesn't matter if it is perect because the rest will be clear. good luck and let me know if you need pointers.

Supposed to get my 1:18 Race Red 2013 Diecasts today, but also found this:

http://www.diecastmodelswholesale.com/servlet/the-12921/2013-Ford-Mustang-Boss/Detail

Might have to get that as well... How cool would that be (Besides the Ticket) to get pulled over by a BOSS Trooper Car?

BTW, a friend of mine just got a speeding ticket in his Shelby GT500 (2012), 125MPH in a 55 zone... $1,500 ticket... OUCH!

See below for pics of the Race Red Diecast
The paint quality is questionable, and looks like there are oily finger prints all over the inside of the back glass and windshield.

But, all in all it's nice.

BTW, the Red thing in the background is a 6 foot 3D Fiberglass Mustang Emblem that I had painted with Race Red Paint (Yes the Real Ford paint). So you can see that the die cast is a pretty close match as far as color goes.

Diecast1.jpg

Diecast2.jpg

Diecast3.jpg

Diecast4.jpg

Diecast5.jpg

Diecast6.jpg

Thanks for those pics, looks really good to me. For the price, seems well worth it. I'll have to pick up a RR version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Snake Handler said:
They are $34.99 ea now. They have been on sale for $16.99. Menards has a sale of 11% off everything going on thru Sunday. I'm sure they will be on sale again.

Link please? I cannot find them for less than 44.99 plus 9.99 shipping...

EDIT: I found them on Menards for 34.99. But says "not available online." Damn...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel