The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New 1/18 scale diecast models

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GottaBoss said:
Stuff works. Hood, trunk and doors open, rear wheels turn, front wheels turn with steering wheel (pretty good anyway). The engine compartment looks good with a lot of detail - even the sound tube - I wonder if there's a delete kit available for the model. :)

Some of the little details are not right but probably only a Boss owner would notice - rear center truck panel is flat black instead of shiny, center of taillights are too big and painted silver, seats have snake logo instead of 'Boss 302' stitching, shifter ball is white, etc.

I didn't notice those details since I haven't taken one out of the box yet. I bet those parts you mention are carry over parts from different models to keep the cost down. They got the color, stripes and wheels right, so I'm happy. ;D

Boss0960 said:
I didn't notice those details since I haven't taken one out of the box yet. I bet those parts you mention are carry over parts from different models to keep the cost down. They got the color, stripes and wheels right, so I'm happy. ;D

I'd be curious to know if your passenger side rear wheel sticks out beyond the fender. I wonder if this happened to every one or just mine.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
GottaBoss said:
I'd be curious to know if your passenger side rear wheel sticks out beyond the fender. I wonder if this happened to every one or just mine.

Here we go again... suspension mods required to make it track worthy... lol
looking forward to getting home and looking at mine...

GB899 said:
Here we go again... suspension mods required to make it track worthy... lol
looking forward to getting home and looking at mine...

Yes, but the dummies just changed the offset and left the wheel and tire the same width. :)

GottaBoss said:

One of them looks perfect. The rear wheel on the other one is slightly further out but not beyond the rear fender lip.

Okay folks, the saga of my sticky out wheel is resolved.

I sent a note and picture to DiecastModelsWholeseale.com and got a prompt reply saying that the wheels are 'snap on' and that I should push on the wheel to see if it would go on further - I had hesitated to do this thinking I could break it and make the situation worse. Pushing on the wheel (hard) worked and it went on the rest of the way. The model is fine now and I'm a happy camper! :)

The model is very nice and definitely worth the money IMO. Customer service was also very responsive both times that I contacted them.

Based on my experience I would definitely recommend this model and company to others.

cbj5259 said:
They have been making GT500 models for over two years, my guess is this is the same car with a new paint job, hence the snakes on the seats.

But it does have the side pipes! I can't tell if the discs are in or out. :D

Trying to see how much to ship to Canada. No contact on their website to inquire.

Also, they indicate CA for Canada when completing order and I had orders returned to American Muscle cause they could not locate my address in California, which is CA. Wondering if same thing will happen here.

A contact to inquire this would be useful, before ordering the SBY.

13deboss302 said:
Trying to see how much to ship to Canada. No contact on their website to inquire.

Also, they indicate CA for Canada when completing order and I had orders returned to American Muscle cause they could not locate my address in California, which is CA. Wondering if same thing will happen here.

A contact to inquire this would be useful, before ordering the SBY.

Send your email to [email protected] (cs for 'customer service' I assume). Only one of my notes from them was signed by a person and that was John. I don't know if it's always John that responds.

Good luck!

Got mine today. Its about what I would expect for a diecast under $50. The paint work is a little spotty but otherwise its not too bad. There is a spot on the bumper, I thought it was a chip but most likely was a paint bubble that popped when it cured. Here are some pics:

20131003_144319.png20131003_144349.png20131003_144408.png20131003_144419.png20131003_144429.png

GottaBoss said:
Send your email to [email protected] (cs for 'customer service' I assume). Only one of my notes from them was signed by a person and that was John. I don't know if it's always John that responds.

Good luck!

I sent an email to that address about shipping to Canada and received no reply. I bought mine from eBay. Shipping was $39 each but they shipped me two for the same shipping price. Ebay originally created an invoice with 2 charges of $39. Before I paid that, I sent a note to the seller asking for combined shipping and they sent me an invoice with the lower total.

Those look good. Mine was abducted by aliens.

IMG_1660.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors