The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New 2012 Boss Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Rich_S said:
Stopped by the dealer today to pick up my license plates and ordered Track Key.
how much did they charge you? tousley ford is only charging 229 vs the 302 suggested retail that all other dealers seem to want

boss2511 said:
Rich_S said:
how much did they charge you? tousley ford is only charging 229 vs the 302 suggested retail that all other dealers seem to want

$462 including labor and sales tax. Had to pay upfront.

The thing that concerns me a little is he said to plan on it taking an entire day - I guess they did two others and had some issues getting it installed, hopefully they learned from it and third time will be the charm.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Rich_S said:
boss2511 said:
Rich_S said:

$462 including labor and sales tax. Had to pay upfront.

The thing that concerns me a little is he said to plan on it taking an entire day - I guess they did two others and had some issues getting it installed, hopefully they learned from it and third time will be the charm.
I would have asked around here first could have saved you at least 100 bucks. it doesnt take all day. they have to have a good internet connection. takes like 1-2 hours tops. labor rate is for an hour. all the voucher is is a piece of paper with some numbers on it and instructions.

Finally got Track Key installed.

Between the time I ordered it and today, the Ford dealer emailed me a "10% off on any installed accessory" coupon, so I used it when I picked up my car today. ;D

I had one of those, the buggers said it was only regular accessories not FRP ones :mad:

I think the all day is because only one guy knows how to do it and he might be elbows deep in something already. As long as they only charged for 1 hour.

CaliMR said:
I had one of those, the buggers said it was only regular accessories not FRP ones :mad:

I think the all day is because only one guy knows how to do it and he might be elbows deep in something already. As long as they only charged for 1 hour.

I dropped the car off last night on the way home from work. They called me around lunch time today to say it was ready. Charged me for one hour of labor. They applied the 10% off to the entire bill - part, labor and tax.

He gave me a printout of the Customer Instructions, a 91+ Octane only sticker for the inside of my gas cap, and told me the EO sticker will be coming in the mail in a few days.

I's raining here so I couldn't really test it out today.

reakhavok said:
- Does the Track Attack at Miller Motorsports coupon come as part of the owner's package?

You do not get a Track Attack coupon. Just goto http://bosstrackattack.com/ and sign up. You need your VIN, Serial #, date of purchase and dealership purchased from info.

Thanks for mentioning that, I assumed they sent a form or coupon or something in the owner's kit. I did notice it specifically says 2012 Boss owners. I hope they are continuing it for the 2013 owners.

TMO Supporting Vendors