The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

new Hoosier A7 tire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS said:
Very interested in more practical experience with these tires. Probably switching back to DOTs next year.
Me too. I love the R6 and find it much faster than any of the Conti slicks. I haven't tried the Pirelli slicks so don't have a comparison. Is the R6 going away? Many of the initial reports I heard on the R7 weren't very encouraging, but maybe they've changed the compound?

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
ArizonaBOSS said:
Cool! Those are pretty short, gonna lose a couple MPH in each gear--don't be surprised if you have to shift a little bit more. Not a huge deal on any of the tracks out here, though.

Yeah a little shorter, 275/35's are 25.5" and the 295/30's are 25.3"

Tucson302 said:
Yeah a little shorter, 275/35's are 25.5" and the 295/30's are 25.3"
I did top out in 4th on a couple tracks where I had to go to 5th with those. You should be fine on most tracks other than BIR or Road America where you can top out 5th gear around 160.

Tucson302 said:
Blacksheep why do you run A6's vs. R6's? And when you ran the R7's what were your starting pressures? Got a set of R7s for Christmas!

We just preferred those for the application, the pressures were the same to start with.

TMO Supporting Vendors