The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NEW SHOES!...305 all around!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm in to hear your feedback about the 305s. Also, since I can't afford the BBS, I think these might be my track wheels. Maybe a Christmas present for myself? [checks bank book] :eek:

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Continentals...are...AWESOME!
So much grip! And they actually give audible feedback at the limit! The 305's with this offset had no clearance problems whatsoever. I found that they like to be in the 36-38 psi hot range. To accomplish this, I started at 28 cold. It was a 72 degree day, so it might be completely different on a warmer day.

I will say I had a difficult time keeping wheel weights on. I don't know if it was necessary to put them near the rotors, but they were baking the adhesive off the aluminum tape. The weights placed by the back edge were just fine.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
is that different than the aluminum foil tape used on HVAC? that is what I was using and have used for years, but nobdy has ever put the weights near the front of the inside hub (over the top of the rotor) and that is where the tape was baking off.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
pufferfish said:
is that different than the aluminum foil tape used on HVAC? that is what I was using and have used for years, but nobdy has ever put the weights near the front of the inside hub (over the top of the rotor) and that is where the tape was baking off.

Probably similar. I know they use this stuff to "repair" passenger aircraft.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Also did someone say "305s"?

1209067_10100412683221514_395199207_n.jpg

pufferfish said:
Continentals...are...AWESOME!
So much grip! And they actually give audible feedback at the limit! The 305's with this offset had no clearance problems whatsoever. I found that they like to be in the 36-38 psi hot range. To accomplish this, I started at 28 cold. It was a 72 degree day, so it might be completely different on a warmer day.

I will say I had a difficult time keeping wheel weights on. I don't know if it was necessary to put them near the rotors, but they were baking the adhesive off the aluminum tape. The weights placed by the back edge were just fine.

GOOD! you guys are "pickin' up what I'm throwing down" ;)
did you write down any more psi/ temps? and how long were the sessions?

Also Conti has always installed the weights on the wheels near the edge. We clean the wheel with lacquer thinner and use either "metal" tape or "grip" tape on the weights. As far as the wheels go, spray a little PAM on them and they'll clean right up after the race, but you have to MAKE SURE you clean the surface off when the tires get weighted or they won't stick.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Somewhat off topic - just had new SVE Drift wheels installed on stock tires, only other change was went to 9.5 wide front vs. 9.0 stock. Above 60mph significant front end vibe. I'm guessing bad balancing ? Thoughts please.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Fomoco302 said:
Somewhat off topic - just had new SVE Drift wheels installed on stock tires, only other change was went to 9.5 wide front vs. 9.0 stock. Above 60mph significant front end vibe. I'm guessing bad balancing ? Thoughts please.
Yeah, most likely balancing is off.

TMO Supporting Vendors