The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Trans Am GT entry for 2021

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Buford, ga
Yes, correct. Disclaimer: I'm not the driver or entrant, just a friend and fan who helps on the crew. That being said, my info is second hand, but I'm happy to confirm any items. I'm told the Pirellis don't fall off that much and can last more than one weekend. I'm checking on prize payouts to offset costs.

Yes, correct. Disclaimer: I'm not the driver or entrant, just a friend and fan who helps on the crew. That being said, my info is second hand, but I'm happy to confirm any items. I'm told the Pirellis don't fall off that much and can last more than one weekend. I'm checking on prize payouts to offset costs.
If Pirellis don't fall off that much, it will be the first time they did.
Apparently their competition with Michelin has made them step up their compound game.
Is the Trans Am GT class the old TA3 class?
and good luck at Sebring, I don't live too far from there.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Cool! I have a friend that is running ta2 pro/am this year. He said the pirellis are actually made by Goodyear. I hope you all are safe and have a good time.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Buford, ga
Who's your friend? I'll be sure to say Hi at Road Atlanta! I for sure would believe the TA2 (deigned to cross to some NASCAR classes to keep costs down) and possibly the TA (because GY has years and years of experience in GT1) tires are GY. XGT, SGT, and GT not so sure... After 15 years in TA, JB ran an FR500c at Road Atlanta in Sept and found that the Pirellis needed some negative camber. Hence the switch to an IRS car.

sfo
So every round about 6000$ ish plus gas and extra?

it is way more than that. As an example I’m in SoCal as you know. There weeks ago raced at ACS. Guy next to me in garage asks if I’m racing at CoTA in two weeks. I say I don’t have transport there and it is farther than I want tow. He says he has space in his semi-transporter for a buck a mile. That is a good price so I give him my car to go to cota $2900 bucks ACS to cota and back to BRP in two weeks to race the SCCA majors race there. Then entry fee was $800 + my 1/2 of the cota garage $750. Air fare 425. rental car 175. Tires 1800 put on at the track. That’s almost $7k/weekend for just amateur racing no gas oil or brake pads if nothing breaks. Pro racing at the lowest level has higher entry fees and you need a minimum crew of one or two guys to pay. Runoffs the pinnacle of amateur racing I go minimalist with three sets of new tires and no crew and that is over $10k for the week for a back marker budget effort going for the experience and fun with zero chance to podium. You need money, talent, and commitment to win and I have none of those things.

the race car is always the cheapest part of racing, it's everything that keeps it on the track that explodes the budget.
I would find it difficult to believe that Goodyear was making thos e tires, Pirelli, being Pirelli, I don't think would go that road, however, Hoosier at one time had several batches made by Goodyear for a race series, so it's possible.

BTW, who built that car? it looks oddly familiar

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Is that Adriann Wlostowski's #96 that he ran in TA/SGT last couple years? If so I saw that car 2-3 years ago at the Vintage races at Watkins. I think it was just built then and I think he also built it. Looked like a pretty sanitary build. If it's not his car it sure looks like!

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Buford, ga
Is that Adriann Wlostowski's #96 that he ran in TA/SGT last couple years? If so I saw that car 2-3 years ago at the Vintage races at Watkins. I think it was just built then and I think he also built it. Looked like a pretty sanitary build. If it's not his car it sure looks like!
Not sure if it was Adrain's or not, but it was from his stable. He ran a higher prepped model in SGT last year (pictured below), this one is more stock and conforms to the GT class rules.

Clark+TA+MidOhio20+-108.jpg

Last edited:
it is way more than that. As an example I’m in SoCal as you know. There weeks ago raced at ACS. Guy next to me in garage asks if I’m racing at CoTA in two weeks. I say I don’t have transport there and it is farther than I want tow. He says he has space in his semi-transporter for a buck a mile. That is a good price so I give him my car to go to cota $2900 bucks ACS to cota and back to BRP in two weeks to race the SCCA majors race there. Then entry fee was $800 + my 1/2 of the cota garage $750. Air fare 425. rental car 175. Tires 1800 put on at the track. That’s almost $7k/weekend for just amateur racing no gas oil or brake pads if nothing breaks. Pro racing at the lowest level has higher entry fees and you need a minimum crew of one or two guys to pay. Runoffs the pinnacle of amateur racing I go minimalist with three sets of new tires and no crew and that is over $10k for the week for a back marker budget effort going for the experience and fun with zero chance to podium. You need money, talent, and commitment to win and I have none of those things.

Actually, you have at least a ton of commitment, I've always been one of those that thinks the clubs should take care of the guys running in the back half of the field. When I ran a karting organization, I always walked around the paddock, helping the lo buck guys, and getting them some help whenever I could. The high rollers are going to show up and race no matter what, it's the back half of the field that pays the rent for the high rollers to race, and there are a lot more lo budget guys than high rollers.
We have a guy down here who owns a track called "Bubba the Love sponge" (just look it up on duck duck go), when tire prices got too high, he bought the local Hoosier distributorship, if you run at his track you get tires at 10% over cost and free mounting. this keeps cars on the track and a**es in the seats. (There's also Boots and Daisey Duke night which does as well), all of this is based on making money so the track can stay open. They pay a generous bonus to win, and they pay down the field to help all of the competitors out.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel