The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Owners Kit - I think I give up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm one of the lucky few who managed to track down the correct owners kit!! Sounds great - but check this out.

So I bought my Boss with 3K miles on it. One of the moderators found a reference to the sale of the owners kit on EBay in the Google Cache. Through some mild detective work I finally found the person who bought the owners kit from the original owner of the car.

I've tried for over a year......contacted him multiple times. Each time he replied "not for sale at this time". I guess he grew tired of my requests to buy and finally explained to me by email......he explains, "I really need to keep this owners kit as a spare to the actual owners kit for my Boss". So he got one with the car....and bought a SPARE on EBay. Thought he might consider a trade for another kit, but he refuses that as well. I know it belongs to him - BUT THE KIT MATCHES MY CAR!! For the life of me I can't understand why he wouldn't want to trade another kit for the one which matches my Boss.

Tempted to "out him" as his forum name is consistent with his EBay seller name, but figured I'm just whining. LOL. Am I the only one who thinks this is just plain WRONG???

Tomball Boss said:
I'm one of the lucky few who managed to track down the correct owners kit!! Sounds great - but check this out.

So I bought my Boss with 3K miles on it. One of the moderators found a reference to the sale of the owners kit on EBay in the Google Cache. Through some mild detective work I finally found the person who bought the owners kit from the original owner of the car.

I've tried for over a year......contacted him multiple times. Each time he replied "not for sale at this time". I guess he grew tired of my requests to buy and finally explained to me by email......he explains, "I really need to keep this owners kit as a spare to the actual owners kit for my Boss". So he got one with the car....and bought a SPARE on EBay. Thought he might consider a trade for another kit, but he refuses that as well. I know it belongs to him - BUT THE KIT MATCHES MY CAR!! For the life of me I can't understand why he wouldn't want to trade another kit for the one which matches my Boss.

Tempted to "out him" as his forum name is consistent with his EBay seller name, but figured I'm just whining. LOL. Am I the only one who thinks this is just plain WRONG??? If it doesn't belong to his car what's the point?

It's a free country and ebay is an open market place. If the guy bought the kit through an auction then it belongs to him. Your job is to find what will motivate him to sell it to you and you haven't found that motivation yet. Clearly money isn't the answer so ask him what he wants for his Boss as a starting point. With that said I would hope one BMO member would help another out especially as it pertains to the owner's kit.

I'm on record that I would not give my owner's kit away with my car unless I meet the person and can hand it to them. Then there's no guarantee that the person who buys my car won't keep the owners kit when they sell the car. Hopefully Ford comes out with reproduction kits so we don't have these issues. ;D

BTW I've got an ebay search saved for the kits and have thought of bidding on them to buy and then sell to the new owners of Bosses if they show up on BMO.

That's just wrong....if he just needs a spare, another would work. With that said, I agree, they just need to come up with reproduction kits...the only unique thing now is the key chain, since you can get the certificate from ford. I too have a kit that doesn't go with my car and waiting on arrival of my original kit from ford. My kit is for sale to that cars owner....one day he may appear here...or he may not care much about the kit

NFSBOSS said:
BTW I've got an ebay search saved for the kits and have thought of bidding on them to buy and then sell to the new owners of Bosses if they show up on BMO.

I have been considering the same, for red keys as well. If I am going to bid on one I will PM you first so we don't end up in a bidding war lol. As long as someone with good intentions gets a hold of them.

As a follow up on this - I never managed to get the kit from him. But, my lovely wife ordered a reproduction kit from FORD to put under our tree. Have been waiting and waiting for its arrival. Today, a FORD rep called her to explain that he was holding the kit back as he had been unable to find the 2012 book. Today he inserted a 2013 book and shipped before calling. I thought it was a stand up thing for him to do...nice surprise.

listen are you kidding me! its his business if he wants to keep it but for a spare! cmon man. some people are too anal. these owner kits we got go with the car. its like why would the queen of england want our declaration of independence, I KNOW CRAZY COMPARISON, LOL

found this listed on E-bay if anyone out there currently has this car

2013 #2761

2013-12 Boss 302 Owners Kit from Ford Racing.....RARE! link below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291381166779?item=291381166779&viewitem=&sspagename=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr

$99.00 yes :), Imao.......$599.00 he is crazy :eek:

It's just wrong these don't stay with the car!! Glad I have my original with my car.

Another one listed on E-bay if anyone out there currently has this car

2013 #1429

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181668344580?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

75.00 start Buy It Now $250.00

kbwhite60 said:
It's just wrong these don't stay with the car!! Glad I have my original with my car.

Another one listed on E-bay if anyone out there currently has this car

2013 #1429

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181668344580?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

75.00 start Buy It Now $250.00

Crap i have car #1429! i been looking off and on for this kit :(

TMO Supporting Vendors