The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

P030X Random Misfire & Limp Mode Questionaire and Discussion Thread

What solution was administered to address your P0300/Limp Mode Issues

• Cam Sensor(s) replaced

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wiring Harness replaced

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: P0300 & Limp Mode Questionaire

I was getting the occasional P0300 for much of the first year. Then I got a P2098 code. I got a new flash done and that seemed to keep it at bay for a couple months then it returned. At that point they replaced an oxygen sensor in the exhaust. No problems or codes all summer with multiple track days thrown in.

Are you guys seeing anything that would cause you to suspect a bank of cylinders? Something that might lead you to believe the O2 sensors aren't all working right?

Fat Boss said:
Are you guys seeing anything that would cause you to suspect a bank of cylinders? Something that might lead you to believe the O2 sensors aren't all working right?
Other than getting passed by a Miata? Nope. :D

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

I'm really from Missouri by way of New York. In other words "Show Me" ;D I don't debate what they told you, but I've been hearing that for two months.

My issues with misfires and limp mode at the track are well documented on the other "Random Misfire" thread but this sums it up...

Aprox 20 Track Days in 2012 with p0300, p0304, p0307codes occuring nearly every run with and without TK. I have also expereinced teh occassional p0420 & p0430 codes. All these codes have also been expereinced on the street under normal conditions.

I have been to multiple dealers numerous times and have nuetral profile re-learns and misfire monitor set to 6000rpm as well as TK reinstalled more than once. I only received a sticker w/ a fuel pump and 91 octane in the mail (no sticker with the TK version #). The last time TK was reinstalled was in June of 2012.

I'm sure hoping this base re-program that is being discussed is released soon and that it fixes these problems. It's been a long 18 months dealing with this problem!

Thanks for the info about the new program...please post when it's available.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut

has the dealer verified that your engine wiring harness and the connectors to the camshaft sensors are working properly? These components are known to also have some issues I personally have had the wiring harness replaced in my car. I mention this because the number of occurrences of misfires you are having even on the street seems excessive.

Pete - The service report from my last visit to the dealers in August (before I gave up trying to get it fixed) states that they inspected the coils and boots and did the misfire re-learn. I've suggested to a couple of the dealers that the problem could be in the wiring harness and/or CPS but they only ever do what the "hotline" tells them to do.

The misfires don't occur that often on the street...maybe 4 or 5 times in 13k miles. I'm going to keep my fingers corssed that this new program works and if not, take up my battle again in the spring.

Thanks for the suggestions and all the info. And congrats on the Pagid distributorship. I've been using Carbrotech xp12"s / 10's but will likely be contacting you in the spring to give the Pagids a try.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel