The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Pics of your Boss 302 or S197 Mustang at the track!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Pics of your Boss or Mustang at the track!!!

Great shots! You don't see many 968's anywhere let alone the track.

A couple from Mini-Nats 30/ Team Shelby Nationals at Sonoma Raceway a couple of weeks ago

SLBY7229_zpsjzkrfxlr.jpg

A trio of Bosses getting it done....

SLBY2952_zps1kaeenod.jpg

Showing Camilo Pardo (Ford GT chief designer) the line...not sure I can straighten out the kink at start/finish any closer than that...

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach

One last video I finally got sorted out from the first advanced session running the NASCAR configuration Friday morning at Sonoma for MiniNats. Everybody on cold tires and a couple adventures are to be seen even after folks settle in.

I got the chance to safely play with the exit burm coming out of 4a down the back chute.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/W1eyI0rJsgk[/YOUTUBE]

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast

Wingrider:

You are a fast Driver, nice job and good luck with the rest of your outings this season.

Dave
302 HP

Wingrider

302 Hi Pro said:
Wingrider: You are a fast Driver, nice job and good luck with the rest of your outings this season.

Thank you that's very kind of you. I just go out and have a good time. There are folks faster and I try not to push beyond my comfort levels. Through the turn 9 long left dog leg on the back side of Sonoma you can really get some speed so I actually lift some as if something goes wrong- I'm sure it would hurt. :-(

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

Wingrider said:
One last video I finally got sorted out from the first advanced session running the NASCAR configuration Friday morning at Sonoma for MiniNats. Everybody on cold tires and a couple adventures are to be seen even after folks settle in.

I got the chance to safely play with the exit burm coming out of 4a down the back chute.

Some damn fine driving there Wingrider!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

You might want to put your name out there to sub in for some of the NASCAR guys when the time comes for them to hit Sonoma :)

Wingrider

ArizonaBOSS said:
You might want to put your name out there to sub in for some of the NASCAR guys when the time comes for them to hit Sonoma :)

LOL! I'm far from speedy but like the idea 8) The guy with the gray winged Cortex car had me covered so he should get the first call. :p

I looked up their track times and I need to find about 10 *seconds* to be near them.

For you guys that run at Thunderhill, do y'all mix race gas in with the 91 you run?

Sean said:
For you guys that run at Thunderhill, do y'all mix race gas in with the 91 you run?
What's your definition of race gas? I do from time to time mix in higher octane gas but of course it's unleaded. Sonoma, Laguna Seca and Thunderhill all have different octane levels and I can't remember who has what. I usually mix in the next highest octane above 91 that each track has. Sonoma has leaded gas too.

Wingrider said:
LOL! I'm far from speedy but like the idea 8) The guy with the gray winged Cortex car had me covered so he should get the first call. :p

I looked up their track times and I need to find about 10 *seconds* to be near them.
A couple of hundred more HP along with wider slicks might help. ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors