The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

PO 420 & 430

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Green Bay wi
Have PO 420 & 430 catalysit codes my Boss 302 LS has 3k miles so do not believe it is the cats? Did add some unleaded dracing gas to my fuel as I had some from another car, it is the only thing that is not stock? Anyone else have this issue and solution. Thanks much everyone.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
It could be the race gas you added was full of that stuff that makes those ugly orange deposits in the engine, but that takes a while to build up.. I would suspect its more likely a problem with your O2 sensors. If the car has been without use and sitting for ages, good bet that the sensors are at fault.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Green Bay wi
Yes thought that might be the issue but lt gets a few miles a month to a show now and then. It has been trailered to shows before I got it 2nd owner. Any other thoughts help is appreciated.
Thanks much

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel