The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

QA1 Strut/Coil-over

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Has anyone used them?

I've used them at the strip, but was wondering if anyone has had them re-valved for road race or autox?

Thanks

I'm using the CorteX/JRi single adjustable coil overs with the CorteX watts link.

NFSBOSS said:
450F and 250R for street and track.

I'm using 500 front 300 back, its fine on smoother roads just gets bad on bumpy Michigan / Illinois roads. anything south of the Ohio border 500 / 300 good, otherwise 450/250 or maybe even lower is ideal but you will need a stiffer rear swaybar. I run 18mm with the 500/300 setup. 19 or 20mm might work best with the softer springs.

LERCH said:
Has anyone used them?

I've used them at the strip, but was wondering if anyone has had them re-valved for road race or autox?

Thanks

They don't really hold up to Road racing/ open track. Autocross is iffie.

twistedneck said:
I'm using 500 front 300 back, its fine on smoother roads just gets bad on bumpy Michigan / Illinois roads. anything south of the Ohio border 500 / 300 good, otherwise 450/250 or maybe even lower is ideal but you will need a stiffer rear swaybar. I run 18mm with the 500/300 setup. 19 or 20mm might work best with the softer springs.

What sway bars would you recommend? BMR, White Line, FRPP?

Why do you need a stiffer bar with softer springs?

TMO Supporting Vendors