The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

QTP exhaust cutouts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoscowBoss

BOSS 771
NC USA
Would appreciate any photos or install details from those that have recently installed the new BOSS exhaust cutouts from QuickTime Performance.
Thanks in advance.
Ed

Have not been able to get pictures posted on here but I do have them they are a very good qualtiy part/system real simple to setup and work absolutly great I can only say if you are thinking of buying them then just do it you will be happy they are very well built. Worth every penny they cost.

MoscowBoss said:
Would appreciate any photos or install details from those that have recently installed the new BOSS exhaust cutouts from QuickTime Performance.
Thanks in advance.
Ed

Did you ever buy them?

MoscowBoss

BOSS 771
NC USA
jeepinocala said:
MoscowBoss said:
Thanks in advance.
Ed

Did you ever buy them?
Not yet. I am out of the country for a couple more months. I plan to install them during the holidays at the end of the year.

just placed my order friday afternoon for the QTP cutouts with remote. $386 and will be shipped on Monday. Hopefully will have by next weekend and let you know what i think. It will be a shock after 2 months of no restricter to be able to get in the Boss and dial it to the mood i'm in at the time (especially if wife is in car)

jeepinocala said:
Have not been able to get pictures posted on here but I do have them they are a very good qualtiy part/system real simple to setup and work absolutly great I can only say if you are thinking of buying them then just do it you will be happy they are very well built. Worth every penny they cost.
You need to use an external photo hosting site to post photos.

For the price these are a must. I put my switch on the small plate in the center consol in the back and tapped off the power plug that goes to the back also the one near the ipod pluggin. this way you can just pop off the plate to get to the fuse if ever needed. Also I re did the plugs on the unit that plugs to the switch this way I could cut the wires to come in a much smaller hole up underneath the carpet and you can go to the parts supply and get fittings for this real simple and well worth the time to go get or simply use a real good grade rtv sealant on the wire entree so all in all when finished there are no wires hanging around the bottom of the car or near the exhaust. Install took me useing ramps on the rear tires only about four hours but this was including a laser interceptor unti at the same time so maybe it by itself will take two hours doing it the right way and taking your time so you leave no scratches at all.

jec246

Operation
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZoLHsOrd-o[/youtube]

Installation photos
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it0NpvBZwHc[/youtube]

just installed my QTP cutouts Friday. Took about an hour and half on lift. ran wiring a little differently. Cut 1/2 hole in the frame rail just beside cutout motor and ran wires through frame rail to the front of car then up behind fender liner through existing holes near strut towers (no cutting or drilling there) brought driver's side over to passenger side under windshield cowling. Mounted wiresless controller beside power block under hood and tapped into spare fuse spot in power block. no exposed wiring and no mounting inside cabin at all.

Dark Horse

2012 BOSS 302 LS 541
boss2012 said:
just installed my QTP cutouts Friday. Took about an hour and half on lift. ran wiring a little differently. Cut 1/2 hole in the frame rail just beside cutout motor and ran wires through frame rail to the front of car then up behind fender liner through existing holes near strut towers (no cutting or drilling there) brought driver's side over to passenger side under windshield cowling. Mounted wiresless controller beside power block under hood and tapped into spare fuse spot in power block. no exposed wiring and no mounting inside cabin at all.

Did you add the 5/8" holes that came with the original exhaust disks so that you retained the stock exhaust sound when the cutouts are closed?

Dark Horse said:
boss2012 said:

Did you add the 5/8" holes that came with the original exhaust disks so that you retained the stock exhaust sound when the cutouts are closed?

did not leave any holes, the QTP is not just open or closed. I can stop it at any point to give a variance in the sound level. It takes about 5 seconds to open fully so if you just stop after 1 second only partially open.

Just had my first problem with the QTP cutouts and the guys at QTP were fantastic. For some reason the wireless control module would open them but not close them (maybe it just recognizes what all of us know that the Boss sounds fantastic wide open exhaust). They immediately shipped out a replacement module the same afternoon.

Great job QTP

Installed my QTP cutouts today and now I' can have my cake and eat it to. When the wife's riding with me she doesn't want to hear the exhaust note it's closed ( I don't mean after eating Mexican ). It's wide open with out her. :)

boss2012 said:
just placed my order friday afternoon for the QTP cutouts with remote. $386 and will be shipped on Monday. Hopefully will have by next weekend and let you know what i think. It will be a shock after 2 months of no restricter to be able to get in the Boss and dial it to the mood i'm in at the time (especially if wife is in car)

Well I have decided I need these but everybody seems to be out of stock. Did you buy them from Quick Time Performance? There current price is $429 + S&H.

I was one of the first ones to get these from QTP worth every pennie and I still have not had any problems with my guards melting I believe the QTP have something to do with that. I just bought the plain set with the switch I could not see why anyone would want a remote for this.

TMO Supporting Vendors