The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

QTP exhaust cutouts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeepinocala said:
I was one of the first ones to get these from QTP worth every pennie and I still have not had any problems with my guards melting I believe the QTP have something to do with that. I just bought the plain set with the switch I could not see why anyone would want a remote for this.

Where did you mount the switch? It looks pretty big.

403.jpg

i installed mine using the remote. Put the module under the hood near breaker box and pulled power from there. No holes cut into the interior of the car at all. Remote works great. Ran wires under car through the frame to the engine bay so no hanging wires or exposed wiring. Installed right about same time as Jeep's and I love them. Remote was not that much extra.

I installed mine today. Mounted the wireless controller near fuse box (tapped in for power) in the engine compartment. Then ran wires along the passenger fender, across the top of firewall and down the drivers side alongside the fuel lines. I let the ends poke out between the frame rail and plastic fuel line cover. One connected to the drivers side and the other I fished up and over the driveshaft using the rear shifter bracket and underbody insulation as anchor points and finally connected to the pasenger side cut out. Had just enough wire for this..........wheeeew....mounted (with velcro) the key fob controller on the radio face plate just left of the display. They work great!

Nice2BEtheBOSS said:
The roar of the Boss is so entoxicating that I don't think twice about restrictor plates or any devices that would muffle the sound...I like to hear it ALL the time everytime...
+1
Pull the restrictors out completely. No complaints from anyone - just thumbs up!

Guys, ive got these fitted now and im nervous about how far they hang down under the car, ive got 18inch wheels to fit yet and i worried they will scrape on the road bumps! anyone got any pictures from just under the side of their car so i can see if the shop has fitted them correctly

ian

If you have them properly installed, you shouldn't have a problem. I'm running the 18" 302R wheels with the cutouts and have had no problems entering a steeply peaked driveway.

Installed correctly, the motors will angle down approximately 15 to 20 degrees.

I have a pretty steep driveway and scraped when I first got the car, but I found the right angle. After installing the QTP's, I still pull in the same way as before and I haven't scraped them yet.

Ok, so I understand this and how these work...

Do you have to cut the exhaust to put them in?

When you have them closed it uses the full Exhaust System (Side dumps and Axel backs), when you have them open its basically like just having Headers only on?

Was the video with the Plates out and the cutoffs closed, then opened?

Do you have to cut the exhaust to put them in?

No, remove the restrictor plates and spacer, bolts right up ( I used loc-tite on the nuts )

When you have them closed it uses the full Exhaust System (Side dumps and Axel backs), when you have them open its basically like just having Headers only on?

open = full side and rear
closed= rear only

Was the video with the Plates out and the cutoffs closed, then opened?

didn't see the video.

They come with instructions, easy install. I recommend the wireless remote, you can stand outside the car and adjust them.

Correct, but if you close them it will help you sneak back home after a night out with the fella's. :) I run mine wide open 99% of the time.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
After the 30 minute ride with wife, I'm thinking I need these. She didn't complain but I could tell it was annoying her a little.

TMO Supporting Vendors