Quickjack BL-5000SLX on sale at Home Depot -- $1099

Discussion in 'TMO General Discussion Forum' started by Bill Pemberton, Feb 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Fastfordnut

Fastfordnut TMO Race

All valid points.
    I was thinking fluid changes, exhaust work etc

2. Jza1736

Jza1736 TMO Addict

For that kind of money why wouldn't you put a 2 post lift in? Around the same prices?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

3. TMSBOSS

TMSBOSS TMO Addict

A good two post is a bit more. Mine was $4k installed. You have to have solid concrete also, 4-5 inches thick 3000Ibs.

4. Jza1736

Jza1736 TMO Addict

Yup I saw them at 1600 to 2k. I didn't count on install, since I would do it myself.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

5. Fastfordnut

Fastfordnut TMO Race

I only have 9.5 ft ceiling height to play with - i'd be hunched over to work underneath.
    There's also the advantage of portability to consider

6. TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...

I'm lucky enough to have a DIY shop that not only has many lifts, all the tools and will properly dispose of just about anything. I gave up on the idea of a two post long ago as although I have 1000 SF plus, my wife insists on parking inside too! I do tires, brakes and more at home but if I'd rather not be on my back, I use these guys. It's reasonably priced and there are grease monkeys there to help out if you need a hand. Not sure why there wouldn't be something like these guys all around the country.

http://diyautorepairshops.com/index.php

7. Fastfordnut

Fastfordnut TMO Race

I prefer to work in my own yard but I've always loved the DIY garage concept. They seem pretty popular in various parts of the country - mostly south and west as far as I can tell.
    Not sure if its the fear of liability in the NE region but there are only 4 listed in 6 states. The closest is an hour away in RI. The drawback with that is it would need to be a 1 day job (or bring a trailer) My garage is a 2 story gambrel with 3 doors (2 front, 1 from the rear side) It seemed huge at the time but as always, when is a garage ever big enough? If the ramp/lift doesn't happen, the more expensive plan "B" is to pour a slab and set up an outdoor 4 post lift behind my garage. Plan "C" is the very unlikely full addition for a lift.

TymeSlayer likes this.