The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Rear suspension mods, drag wheels & tires

Last weekend I completed all mods to my Boss' rear suspension in preparation for the drag strip next weekend, weather permitting. Mods include 15"x10" Weld RT-S wheels, 295/55-15 M/T ET Street Radials, Steeda Adj UCA, Steeda Swaybar Relocation Brackets, Steeda 1 1/4" Adj Rear Swaybar, J&M Adj Panhard Bar and BBR Billet LCAs. The M/T's are technically 27.8", which are in the 28" family, but not much taller than stock. I'm hoping to break into the 11s. Below are some photos.

IMG_6724.jpg

IMG_6711.jpg

IMG_6712.jpg

IMG_6725.jpg

IMG_6703.jpg


IMG_6704.jpg

IMG_6701.jpg
 
Those look like they'll really bite well ;) Should also keep you in 4th at the trap. I had some that tall on my GT500 for a while, but they killed the gearing. The Boss trans ratios are a lot higher though, so hopefully it works well with the MT-82. Let us know how it goes!
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
looking awesome man! did you run lower control arm relocation brackets as well? I was looking into them but not sure if I want to weld something on my car. cant wait to see what the 60' times are for you. is a alum driveshaft in your future? thats my next mod
 
cloud9 said:
Those look like they'll really bite well ;) Should also keep you in 4th at the trap. I had some that tall on my GT500 for a while, but they killed the gearing. The Boss trans ratios are a lot higher though, so hopefully it works well with the MT-82. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks Gary! I'll be sure to report how it goes.
 
boss2511 said:
looking awesome man! did you run lower control arm relocation brackets as well? I was looking into them but not sure if I want to weld something on my car. cant wait to see what the 60' times are for you. is a alum driveshaft in your future? thats my next mod

Thanks Justin! No LCA relocation brackets and I hope I can get along without them because my Boss is not lowered. Yes, an aluminum one-piece would be a good investment when I can afford one. My next investment will likely be a new Steeda Tri-Ax shifter to pair up with the Steeda shifter bracket I already installed.
 

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
SoFlaBoss said:
boss2511 said:
looking awesome man! did you run lower control arm relocation brackets as well? I was looking into them but not sure if I want to weld something on my car. cant wait to see what the 60' times are for you. is a alum driveshaft in your future? thats my next mod

Thanks Justin! No LCA relocation brackets and I hope I can get along without them because my Boss is not lowered. Yes, an aluminum one-piece would be a good investment when I can afford one. My next investment will likely be a new Steeda Tri-Ax shifter to pair up with the Steeda shifter bracket I already installed.
I am going to go with those same lower control arms. Cant wait to see what your 60' is with that set up
 
5 DOT 0 said:
Those are some serious meats on the rear. Have fun at the strip. 8)

Thanks Rick! My crew (wife and sons) and several friends racing their stangs will be there, so it should be lots of fun. Hopefully, we'll get some good video too. I just need to do a little wiring to complete my line lock install, then the Boss will be ready! :)
 
SoFlaBoss said:
5 DOT 0 said:
Those are some serious meats on the rear. Have fun at the strip. 8)

Thanks Rick! My crew (wife and sons) and several friends racing their stangs will be there, so it should be lots of fun. Hopefully, we'll get some good video too. I just need to do a little wiring to complete my line lock install, then the Boss will be ready! :)

Looking forward to all the details on your runs. Beautiful work.

Mike
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel
Top