The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Relay Event at Pocono w/ Connecticut Autocross & Rally Team (CART)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks. Good to know they're a good group.

I've got 3 of the 5 drivers needed for a full team and am waiting to hear from 2 more if they are in or out. If you (or anyone else) is interested in being part of the relay team let me know here or send me a PM.

The event is Saturday 8/13 at Pocono (South course). It's a typical track day combined with the relay. They provide you with a transponder for the day, set your handicap (best lap) during the normal run sessions in the morning then it's time for the relay in the afternoon. I believe the cost for the day, whether you participate in the relay or not is $250. There is no additional charge to enter the relay.

I've got 2 Boss's and a 2011 GT so far and am hoping to round the team out with all Boss's and/or Mustangs.

I ran will CART back in the mid 90's and had a chance to run with them last month. Very good club. Easy going. There had to be 7 to 9 mustangs there. I was the only boss. Time trail was fun and they were talking about the relay race. They mentioned they get a good turn out for the relay. I don't know what I have going on that weekend but If you let me know Monday before if you need another driver I will try and make it. I also meet someone that runs with there club driving in a mustang that I can ask if he can drive with you. Nice older gentleman. Ran fairly well.

Matt

mustangmatt said:
I ran will CART back in the mid 90's and had a chance to run with them last month. Very good club. Easy going. There had to be 7 to 9 mustangs there. I was the only boss. Time trail was fun and they were talking about the relay race. They mentioned they get a good turn out for the relay. I don't know what I have going on that weekend but If you let me know Monday before if you need another driver I will try and make it. I also meet someone that runs with there club driving in a mustang that I can ask if he can drive with you. Nice older gentleman. Ran fairly well.

Matt

Looks like we might need as many as 2 or 3 drivers for the relay. All are welcome regardless of skill level, as your times are handicapped. PM me if your serious.
Thanks,
Sean

TMO Supporting Vendors