The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Road Race for 18+ MT-82?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
So Cal
a trans cooler, a true racing clutch, and a better shifter are all in the plan during the build. I have seen the carbon synchros from synchrotech (I have thier Honda stuff in my b18 mini) but didn't know if there was anything else that can/needs to be done while I in there

I think these are the biggies. Change the oil after every event. The next thing I'd say is don't try to shift it like a dog box. A lot of times, people get in such a hurry shifting that they tear things up. Take the extra fraction of a second when shifting to give the synchros a chance to do their job and reduce the chance of bent forks.

TMO Supporting Vendors