The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Shifter feeling crunchy / grindy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batman48195 said:
Interesting article on the subject.
http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/11/09/ford-responds-to-nhtsas-investigation-of-the-mustangs-mt82-6-speed-transmission/

Brian

From the article it seems it was even worse before but we are running a 'fixed' version of the tranny... ::)

There's a bunch of comments under that article that kind of freak me out. That said, I don't have any grinding in my car. For me it's just the shifter feeling notchy / rough. The gears engage just fine and there's no grinding gears. Yet, I hope anyway. Anyone had the tranny itself grind?

Yeah mine started to grind bad, until I bled the clutch. Completely went away, other than the notchiness and occasional 3rd lock out

Old thread but I think it's still worth noting that my 3000+ miles roadtrip seems to have properly broken in the tranny. Shifting very smooth now. The 'rough' feeling barely ever occurs anymore.

TMO Supporting Vendors