The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Curious about installing an automatic transmission with paddle shifters.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have been thinking that it is time for a new transmission in my 2013, and I am pretty much deadset on keeping it manual. Or at least I thought I was and then I got to thinking how hard it would be to swap an auto in and mount some paddle shifters in. So my question is, would it be worth or even possible to go for the auto with paddle shifters?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
It's been tried but seems impractical. Someone also had a wireless version but they were cheap plastic and people said there was a lag with the wireless.

Here's a link describing a DIY method.

I would have thought that some enterprising company would have developed a steering wheel with this built in for cars that already had automatics but it never happened.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel