The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Smokin' Discounted Prices on Hoosiers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What a steal. I bet I could cram those in 18X10's...

'12 Sterling Gray 5.0 M6 w/ Brembos, 3.73 gears, Borla S-Type catback, Airaid Intake, dyno tune, and 15% tint

If anyone is interested I can get a set of the Pirelli rain tires used in Grand Am before the switch to the Hoosier/Conti's. I hear they are better the the new tires. Some are sticker so if interested let me know.

Dig-It

Kevin
VA
cloud9 said:
THANKS TO JSCHEIER TIPPING ME OFF, I ORDERED A SET OF 305/650/18 AND 285/645/18 JUST THIS MORNING ;D
Are those going on the Enkeis, Gary?

YellowBoss said:
Have to check Kevin but I think they are the same as the slicks? 275/35/18? I will know later in the week, PM me your number and I can call you when there.
Thanks, Scott - pm sent.

Seven

Dacia Sandero
Seven said:
Just ordered a set of R6s! Thanks guys!

Evidently they're out of R6s as a heads up. Got an email this morning saying I can have A6s if I want but someone bought the R6s

Looking at the Continentals instead... whats the difference between the "EC-DR", "GT", "DP", and "GT-O" ?

Seven

Dacia Sandero
I emailed to ask about A6 vs the Continentals (as they are out of R6s) and this is what I got back...

Jeff Speer said:
Ryan,

This is Jeff Speer, the Product Manager for the Hoosier Tire road race product line. I do see where we are out of the R6 tread compound in the P295/40ZR-18 tire size, but you are welcome to run the A6 on a road course if you heat cycle the tire before racing on it.

All of the designations below are for the Continental branded tires we make for the Rolex series and Conti Tire Challenge.

What I might recommend is the following item for your purpose:

Item 20270 – 275/35R-18 EC-DR - $221.00 each

This tire has a diameter of 25.5” and a tread width of 10.3”. This tire can be used on a 18 x 9 or 18 x 10 wheel.

The EC-DR stands for Extreme Contact – DRY and has the same compound as the R6.

The GT stands for the Rolex GT class

The DP stands for the Daytona Prototype class.

The “O” designation is the Banked Oval road course design.

If you are looking for a good track tire use the A6 or the EC-Dry. The A6 price is pretty good - $120.00 each compared to the EC-DRY tire - $221.00 each.

Write me if you have any more questions.

Jeffrey A. Speer

Product Manager

Kevin just sent a PM.

There are two set's of the sticker Pirelli wet tires, $400 a set of 4 plus shipping. I am just acting as the middle man and I am not taking a cut on these. I think it is s good deal for the price and I hear they are better then the Conti rains. PM if interested I will be there Friday and can grab them.

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Seven said:
Evidently they're out of R6s as a heads up. Got an email this morning saying I can have A6s if I want but someone bought the R6s

Sorry. I gobbled up the 295 R6's

Looking at the Continentals instead... whats the difference between the "EC-DR", "GT", "DP", and "GT-O" ?

I've run the GTR compound and the GTO compound. I much prefer the GTR as it is a softer compound (similar to R6) while still long lasting. The GTO is a harder compound than the GTR. It takes longer to come up to temp, but wears very well. Definitely more of an endurance tire and you'll be very hard pressed to get them greasy in a 20 minute session. My GTO set heat-cycled out in 3 weekends, but still had plenty of tread depth left.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
JScheier said:
My GTO set heat-cycled out in 3 weekends, but still had plenty of tread depth left.

John, I'm assuming that was a used set?

ArizonaGT said:
John, I'm assuming that was a used set?
Just got a call from Greg Miller at GTTrackdays.com about the takeoffs I ordered so I asked him about the GTR vs GTO and what he was shipping me. Last year they were GTR. Turns out he's shipping me GTI which is this year's compound. They changed compound from the GTR and O to something in between. So basically it's softer than an O and harder than an R. :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors