The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sold! 2012 BOSS 302 #1049

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yes the original is up for sale. I have a GT350 on order and would like to sell my car as is ready for the track or street. Details below:

Price $37,000
< 24,000 Miles, New motor replaced under warranty at 20,000 miles
VIN xxx230349
Serial #1049
Location Sacramento CA
Private Party Sale

Prepped For Both Track And Street

CorteX/JRi Single Adjustable Offset Dampers W/450F/225R Springs
CorteX/Maximum Motorsports Camber Plates, -2.5% Negative Camber
CorteX Watts Link – Street and Track Version
CorteX Adjustable End Link
CorteX Bump Steer Kit, Steeda Drop Ball Joint
Stoptech/CorteX Spec Mustang Front Brake Kit W/SS Brake Lines and Ti Heat Shields
Ford Racing 302R Rear Lower Control Arms and Relocation Brackets
Prepped by CorteX Racing Including Corner Weighting and Alignment
Watson Racing Roll Bar and Rear Seat Delete Kit
Schroth ProFi II Harnesses - Blue
Cooltech Harness Clips, Custom Sub Belt Mounts
Cooltech tow hook mounts with BMW tow hooks
Ford Racing Cobra Jet Grille For Maximum Cooling
Ford Racing Front Brake Duct Kit and Transmission Cooling Scoop
Enkei PF01 Track Wheels with Nitto NT01 Tires and TPMS
Ford Racing ARP wheel studs
Pagid RS29 Front and RS56 Racing Brake Pads with Motul DOT 4 Fluid
Laguna Seca Rear Wing
Ford Racing 302S World Challenge Front Splitter
Auto-BLiP Rev Matching Device

Engine
New Motor Replaced Under Warranty at 20,197 Miles, Documented
BOSS 302S Oil Breather Kit
Ford Racing GT500 Axle Backs
McLeod RXT Racing Clutch With Lightweight Steel Flywheel
MGW Gen 2 Shifter

Other
Original Owner
Clear Bra and Window Tinting Installed When Car Was New
All Stock Parts Included: Brakes, Suspension, Rear Seats, Grille etc.
Clean CarFax, Clear Title
BOSS 302 Owners Kit And Original Documentation Included
Drive Train Warranty Expires July 15, 2016

Other items that come with the car:

302S wheels
Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires in 265/35/19 and 295/30/19
TracKey
Ford Racing SS License Plate Frame
Ford Racing Floor Mats
Pioneer TS-D6802R 6x8 Door Speakers
Fuse Cover with silver fins that matches the Boss intake
Roush Side Splitters
MRT Hood Strut Kit Painted Kona Blue
Billet aluminum sound tube delete cap
Aeroforce Gauge with Roush Gauge Mount
Custom Lower Grille
Blowfish Racing fire extinguisher mount
Laguna Seca Faux Gas Cap with custom paint
GT500 Alcantara Shift and Brake Boot
JHR SS Clutch Line - High Volume
Ford Racing White Shift Knob
Kenny Brown Jacking Rails welded in place by AED
302S style diff breather
Ford Racing 18000-C dampers with P springs (not currently used but included)
GoPro splitter cam mount
Any size exhaust discs you want

GBMA1801_zpsszoa6fi7.jpg
IMG_5220_zpssbety68a.jpg
IMG_5070_zps08cd3a03.jpg
IMG_5083_zpsa605835a.jpg
IMG_5085_zpscf36a5c5.jpg
IMG_5088_zpsd8eca6ad.jpg
IMG_5168_zpsqhb0cqqz.jpg
GBMA0413_zpslwqlls3a.jpg
IMG_6039_zpsmlcwxj9p.jpg
IMG_3605_zps2963036a.jpg

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
FS: 2012 BOSS 302 #1049

Flyboygsxr said:
If Rick sells his Boss I'm quitting the forum...who else is with me?

Ecclesiastes 3.02:

And the Duff said ((circa 2014-15) "all Mustangs are Boss".

Dunno, you may have a tough row to hoe.

Sounds like the GT350 qualifies as a "Boss Mustang".

:) :) :)

Flyboygsxr said:
I'll join you! ;D

Don't worry I'm not going anywhere. BMO will always be that special place for 2012/2013 BOSS 302 owners and we hope to make it a special place for GT350's and all Ford track focused Mustangs in the future. And that goes for all S197 and S550 Mustangs as well. BMO Where All Mustangs Are BOSS!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

I guess I didn't really process that this was coming when you said you were planning to get a 350. Good luck with the sale :)

Flyboygsxr said:

Starting to wonder myself... Where's the thread keeping track of all of the original owners that are dumping their BOSSes for the new hotness??? Can't wait for Roundup VI+ at MPH....

Could be worse I guess... Rick could've traded for one of those swoopy new GT cars from Germany and shut the forum down!

You haven't driven a new Shelby yet, have you Flyboygsxr?? Starting to think I'm the only one immune to its charms.... And that was an R!!!!

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado

VooDooBOSS said:
After Track Tour last Friday I was driving my car home thinking I should just keep the Boss, throw a CJ intake, tune and shorty headers on it and harass new GT350 owners on track. My car is really dialed in at the moment with the suspension and brake modifications I've made.

BTW I'm also a big P car fan and looked at used 997 GT3's. The GT350 will be faster and a lot less to maintain plus I really like the Mustang crowd.

Keep the damn Boss.
Get a used GT350 or R discounted down the road and without the freakin' ADMs.

In Mustangs history - How many GT350 or GT500s made? How many total Bosses? Flat out it's no contest. If I could find a 2016 GT350 or 350R without an ADM, I was willing to pull the trigger, knowing the Boss would stay with me. I will be one of the many sitting on the side waiting, biding our tyme.

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
Re: FS: 2012 BOSS 302 #1049

VooDooBOSS said:
After Track Tour last Friday I was driving my car home thinking I should just keep the Boss, throw a CJ intake, tune and shorty headers on it and harass new GT350 owners on track. My car is really dialed in at the moment with the suspension and brake modifications I've made.

BTW I'm also a big P car fan and looked at used 997 GT3's. The GT350 will be faster and a lot less to maintain plus I really like the Mustang crowd.

Boy, if I didn't already have something zoomy... This is a *great* car deserving of a good home.

It's basically the kit at the link below but with JRi single adjustable dampers and Ford Racing LCA's and relocation brackets. The watts link and LCA's have poly bushings where it connects to the body not heim joints. I was very careful not to add much if any NVH to the car as I still wanted it to be completely street able. I have the stock UCA and driveshaft for those reasons as they add NVH to the car. The car has a more supple ride than stock but you notice the stiffer springs when you hit large bumps. I highly recommend adding the CorteX watts link to any S197 that you may buy. IMO it was very noticeable improvement and maybe even more so on the street. I also have the Ford Racing 18000-C dampers with P springs that come with the car.

http://cortexracing.com/product/xtreme-grip-s197-suspension-system-street-complete-2005-2014-s197-mustang/

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

Considering this is a full-weight streetable car, you will probably wind up in TT3 for NASA Time Trials, which is 9.0:1 power-to-weight ratio range.

Figure 400whp on TracKey tune, probably about 3850 weight w/ driver and fuel, that's 9.6 power:weight, raw. Then you would get a credit for that weight of +0.6 which would (per NASA TT rules) put you at 10.2, so you could either dump a bunch of weight or add a significant amount of power before you get to the 9.0 class limit.

Would be max of about 458whp allowable at that weight (probably very do-able with LT headers and a Cobra Jet intake setup), or shed 350lbs somewhere at the (estimated) current 400whp (much more difficult unless you intend going full-race).

TMO Supporting Vendors