The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stock tire runs/ 12.3s!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Yesterday I won fastest Street Limited Trophy.
First time running on factory tires Track was prepped nice.
Car is stock with trackey, except shifter and Steeda UCA and rear Springs
Ran 12.31
12.44 all at 110mph
Weather was over 80 degrees track DA was 2570
u4ana9ut.jpg
ema7apuz.jpg
I beat a 2003 Cobra Terminator and a 2012 SRT Supercharged Charger.
I really wasent expecting to run in 12s at all.
I launched at 1,500 rpm spun alittle along with a tad bit wheel hop
9e3agu7e.jpgsepuhu9a.jpgnyre4ery.jpg
This was taken at track about to race Cobraepuvate3.jpg

Those are really consistent times, congratulations!

So this does prove Kona Blue is the fastest color doesn't it? ;)

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: Stock tire runs/ 12.3s!!

NFSBOSS said:
Those are really consistent times, congratulations!

So this does prove Kona Blue is the fastest color doesn't it? ;)
You got it ;D!!!

For a basically a stock Boss? I think it's awesome, congrats.

I've been messing around launching between 2300 and 3000 rpm's.

You launch at 1500? Makes sense with stock tires, etc. Thanks for info.

ps. and I need a lot of practice!!

7.99 in the 1/8 is really good also; that would beat a lot cars around here (DFW)

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84

Boss949 said:
For a basically a stock Boss? I think it's awesome, congrats.

I've been messing around launching between 2300 and 3000 rpm's.

You launch at 1500? Makes sense with stock tires, etc. Thanks for info.

ps. and I need a lot of practice!!

7.99 in the 1/8 is really good also; that would beat a lot cars around here (DFW)
Thanks, I don't use launch control I try to keep rpms between 1500-1700, I don't powershift either. Destroying the Tranny is not worth it to me.
Car would be dealership stock if I could but I had no choice to add the MGW and UCA both of these are items I installed to prevent any Tranny damage and wheelhouse from causing any damage. Neither will add power obviously.
I think the low Mph is because of a few reasons, weather, the stock tune, and because when I hit second I'm spinning literally a half car length.

unrealford said:
Thanks, I don't use launch control I try to keep rpms between 1500-1700, I don't powershift either. Destroying the Tranny is not worth it to me.
Car would be dealership stock if I could but I had no choice to add the MGW and UCA both of these are items I installed to prevent any Tranny damage and wheelhouse from causing any damage. Neither will add power obviously.

No power shifting? I've also added the MGW and getting ready to Hotchkiss Springs, LCA and Whiteline Relocation brackets.

You know whats' funny, I've thought the car pulls great on lower rpm launch and quick shifting, not power shifting; but when I get to the strip, it's like I freak out to the "drag racing mode" (high launch rpm's, power shifting, etc.)

I appreciate your input......

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84

Boss949 said:
UnReal,

thanks for the youtube. I did enjoy it!

Nice driving and thanks for the help.
No problem, been looking for other videos on YouTube to see if anyone else ran better them my 12.31 on stock tires and stock tune.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84

reakhavok said:
Guess I know what im going to try and launch at on Friday :p
How did you do, love to see Bosses on YouTube doing well

unrealford said:
No problem, been looking for other videos on YouTube to see if anyone else ran better them my 12.31 on stock tires and stock tune.

I ran a 12.17 bone stock/trackey on MT SC radials. DA that day was 1469 at Dallas Raceway.

image_zpsc7dd4a24.jpg

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: Re: Stock tire runs/ 12.3s!!

ms71171 said:
I ran a 12.17 bone stock/trackey on MT SC radials. DA that day was 1469 at Dallas Raceway.

image_zpsc7dd4a24.jpg
Nice, great times, now try on factory tires.. ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors