The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Thank You, Thank You TMO Veterans of the Armed Services of the United States of America!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I know I try to make a point of always thanking a Veteran for their sacrifices during the year , but this weekend is special and we should all go out of our way to make sure we let those folks know how much we appreciate the true sacrifice they have given the rest of us in this Country. It is a giving moment for them, a gift to the US and to those of us who have not served , so do make an effort to thank as many Service personnel as you can. Small note, don't forget those that served in the Coast Guard or those in the National Guard or Reserve.

I know quite a few TMO Vets on here, but since I don't know all of them, I am asking them to post on this thread so many members can reach out with their appreciation. I know 5-6 members on here that served, but please Veterans and those currently in the Service of America, post your name on this site!

You are special and thank you Veterans!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Thanks Bill,

edited on request.

I served in the 82nd Airborne for two years before attending Special Forces training at Ft Bragg NC. After graduation I served with 1st Special Forces Group at Ft Lewis WA and Okinawa. I did a two year tour on DC with INSCOM. I retired with 23 years service. After retirement I managed projects as a defense contractor in The Sudan and Afghanistan. Fun times.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I do know TMS was a Vet, so post the Branch you served in my friend. I know many of you Vets consider it an honor and are not looking for accolades, but please post for the rest of us who really want to personally thank you --- after all many of you are good friends to us and we would like to know!

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Oki, I lived over by Gate 1. Were you on Tori Station?
I worked on Tori and lived on Kadena. Kind of the best of both worlds. Having a beach and dive shop on the small base you worked on had its upside. We had our quarters in Sebil manor, excuse the spelling, memory. Our apartment was one of the highest on base. Our daughter could look straight out from her swing set and wave at pilots setting up to land. Great memories for sure. She was born in the Naval Hospital.

Bill made an opening statement today that rings true in more ways than one.........Tomorrow is Veteran's Day!...........A day we Honor and Thank and Praise All the Men and Women that have sacrificed their lives to insure that we can live ours in peace and harmony..............I Thank all you Vets for your devotion to our country and our way of life........AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........TMS...a special thanx to you...........................

Last edited:

PatientZero

@restless_performance
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Kansas City, Missouri
I worked on Tori and lived on Kadena. Kind of the best of both worlds. Having a beach and dive shop on the small base you worked on had its upside. We had our quarters in Sebil manor, excuse the spelling, memory. Our apartment was one of the highest on base. Our daughter could look straight out from her swing set and wave at pilots setting up to land. Great memories for sure. She was born in the Naval Hospital.
My oldest was also born there in 2009.

I'm hoisting one in Honor of our Vets today........Hon says I don't need a reason............But I beg to differ.........nations might see us in a different color .............as in YELLOW!!!!!!!...............We are RED, WHITE and BLUE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............I live in a country I will never leave...............go to yours if you want..................I'm sure their waiting....................

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Niceville, Fla.
I served on active duty in the USAF from 1984-1996. I began flying the E-3 AWACS at Kadena AB, Okinawa during my 1st operational assignment. Then I completed Electronic Warfare flight school at Mather AFB, CA in 1991 and was assigned to Hurlburt Field, FL flying the MC-130E Combat Talon 1 with Air Force Special Operations Command (AFSOC) from 1991-1996.
I took a 4 year break in active service, then joined the USAF Reserves 2001-2016. I completed requalification in the MC-130E, just prior to 9/11. Our unit was activated the end of September, and I was back on active duty heading toward the Middle East a week later.
The next 10 years were filled with many deployments to wonderful locations in the region.
I finished my career in the U-28 as an active duty Reservist attached to AFSOC flying Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance (ISR) missions.
Most of my career (23/28 years) was with AF Special Operations supporting our Special Forces brothers in the Army, Navy & Allied nations.
I miss the flying & comraderie the most. My wife of 30 years had the toughest job - holding down the fort with 4 sons & 1 daughter. She made it all possible.
For the last 7 years, I work as a defense contractor at Eglin AFB, FL on the F-35 program developing the Electronic Warfare suite.
Thank you to all that served & to those who have provided wonderful support throughout the years. God Bless America 🇺🇸

Last edited:

TMSBOSS

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
4dMuscle
Your birds may have dropped me a few times over the years. The Talon 1 was not my favorite bird to exit. They seldom found our small drop zones. I have the medical records to prove it. The Talon 2, a different story. Lol
it looks like you were on Oki just before I got there. A great duty station.

Enjoy the day

TMO Supporting Vendors