The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

The Boss is outside the plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Thanks Guys for the welcome.
I would like to share my "Boss tribute" based on my '11 GT. Before the flames start know that I was at the BOSS launch at Laguna Seca last August and had an opportunity to order one but due to the lack of Nav/Sync and other luxury items that I wanted in the car I decided to get the GT and add the authentic BOSS specific parts to my car. I am sure I will eventually buy an original '12 or '13 but for now I am enjoying the mods to my car.
Great site and I'm sure there will be plenty of info over the next few months.
Steve

steveespo said:
Thanks Guys for the welcome.
I would like to share my "Boss tribute" based on my '11 GT. Before the flames start know that I was at the BOSS launch at Laguna Seca last August and had an opportunity to order one but due to the lack of Nav/Sync and other luxury items that I wanted in the car I decided to get the GT and add the authentic BOSS specific parts to my car. I am sure I will eventually buy an original '12 or '13 but for now I am enjoying the mods to my car.
Great site and I'm sure there will be plenty of info over the next few months.
Steve
No flamesuit required here ;D The general sales manager of my dealership bought an '11 Grabber Blue GT and he's busy modding his to match the Boss. He was gracious enough to let me buy the one Boss they are getting and mod his GT. He said when he's done he'll have the only Grabber Blue Boss (non-Laguna Seca) in the country ;) I think it's awesome they are opening up the parts bin. Making it uniquely yours is what owning a Mustang is all about!

steveespo said:
Once again, thanks for the welcome. Now if only I can figure out how to upload pictures............still a dinosaur :-[
You can also use an outside host like PhotoBucket.

I was originally going to go the route you took but changed my mind when I saw a LS in person last November. I ordered my Boss one week later. There's plenty of debate about the Boss cars not having some of the luxury items but in the end I chose the Boss. I've driven several 5 DOT 0's and they are impressive to say the least. I hadn't driven a Mustang since the first S197's came out and I was pleasantly surprised. Get a BBP and add Steeda springs and Koni yellows and you're set. I look forward to viewing your photos. You can also start a separate thread.

bigbossman

I test drove a 2011 GT and just had to wait. Decided on the standard 302 over the LS because I'm an old family man and need back seats to sit kids. It'll pounce on what I need when I treat it right heading home through the Smokies, no doubt.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
5 DOT 0
Thanks for the input, I have the car in pretty good shape as a "BAUS 302" (my license plate).
Performance White 401A w/grabber blue accents, Brembo brakes, 6 speed, 3.15 gear set (planning on 3.55 with Torsen diff), Electronics package, rear camera, heated seats, security pkg. I have installed M-5300-P 1" lowering springs, Koni yellow adjustable shocks/struts, 2011 GT 500 strut mounts, Boss 302 panhard rod, Steeda CAI (I have BOSS air inlet tube and K&N filter for the BOSS 302 Intake), 2011 GT 500 Axle back mufflers(had Borla Touring too loud for me), BOSS/CS rear diffuser, BOSS/CS front facia with BOSS standard splitter, CS Billet grille(thought I liked better than BOSS but I have changed my mind and will be getting BOSS grille), BOSS/GT 500 differential cover, BOSS 302 stripe kit (no hood or roof, I will be doing the hood in original textured racing black with a pattern similar to the '69 cars, also black out of the rear spoiler), have BOSS intake on order from dealer(have to wait another 2 weeks but paid dealer jobber instead of $400 for Ford Racing) and I will be doing the engine oil cooler, trans cooling scoop, and LS wheels. Currently the car has a Brenspeed tune and makes 394 RWHP and 370ft/lbs torque, hope to see a small bump with the BOSS intake but extend the power out to 7500 rpm.
BossStripes002.jpg

BossStripes001.jpg
BossStripes002.jpg

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Yes they are original Ford decals. I have waited since October to source them, I first got a set of 69 BOSS stripes and they are close but the doors are longer on our car and the quarter behind the door is shorter. So I decided to try BOSS 302R stripes which I first saw last spring at Lime Rock park in the Continental Challenge, no one would get them for me, I contacted Ford, my dealer who is a Ford Racing distributor and Roush Racing none of them could come through. Finally February 17 ordered through Varsity Ford in Michigan for 20% off. Thewhole deal cost $839 without the hood decal which is another $335!!!! Put them on Saturday as the temperature was 55 here. Installation is straight forward if you have done graphics before ( I striped my 1971 BOSS 351, 996 GT3 with RS stripes, did the blackout on the rear deck etc.) if not I recommend practicing with something cheaper, and use graphics express application gel which gives some time to reposition if needed. As you can see in my picture I laid out a blue tape guide for the character line and then used the guides printed on the decal cover to align with the panels as noted. I really love how it looks and my wife says she hasn't seen me as happy in along time. I really love this car makes me feel 22 again. I'll get more pics up soon.

Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors